Smart Shopper?

LucasD

I have a buddy who works at Walmart. He swears up and down that one day he saw a man walking around in the store with his finger held up. At first he said that he thought the guy was an idiot, but upon getting closer and having a look, he found that the guy had a small brown chameleon perched on his finger. This really surprised me.
Does anyone else take or has taken their chameleon to public places?
(other than outside or to the vet, obviously)

The farthest mine have ever gone from their cages besides the vet was in the back yard :D Its always best to keep them as unstressed as possible and IMO a shopping mall or Store of any size is too busy to have a chameleon there. I wouldn't recommend taking your chameleon off your property unless taking it to the vet IMO

Ive taken my male veiled kink to the pet store once. but only because i was picking hiim up from my moms an hour away, and needed to hit the store to get soem stuff. and didnt want to leave him in the car. ;)

i dont really, but this summer i plan to take my gizmo camping with me...
i think he will have a blast

There are several threads on this

I take my male panther out n about in new York city all the time.

There are numerous stories on here of people who let their chams ride around on their hat.

My Cham is very observant and is always curious and interested in any and all things... So giving him a chance to get out I feel allows him to see some new things. My guy doesn't stress out at all, he really could care less as long as people aren't up in his business.

I take mine to the pet store and Reptile shows if you do (be ready to stop the traffic) usually all employes and customers are around me asking questions. Very fun

Daedalus has come to reptile shows with me and to public events at my university, and is always quite a hit. He seems to be OK with the commotion as long as it's only a couple hours, otherwise I can tell he gets antsy to go back.

We've taken several of ours places. We took some to the museum for an educational display, as well as pet stores and other places for educational purposes, a couple have gone with us to the chameleon keepers meetings, occasionally we'll take one on short errands to like to home depot or to get crickets.

I don’t take my animals anywhere; they like it that way.

I’m also an advocate of leaving your herps at home in a more general sense. There are enough bans and proposed bans on reptile keeping already and all it will take is one accident or one person with a deep rooted phobia and gone are the days we can keep these lovely creatures. Yes I realize a chameleon isn’t going to do as much damage as a large snake but please be smart about where you take your animals.

I don't take my Chams public , mainly because the weather has been too cold. But i do plan on taking my Ambliobe to my Daughter's school for a "show n tell". I already have a 5' Ficus there for him to roam on and it's a 10 min drive to the school. I will not let any of the kids handle him, just observe him on the tree.

I live in the middle of a really big city, but fortunately my building has a small rooftop garden with some small trees and bushes. I am planning on taking my Chams up to bask once or twice a week on nice days.

I will only take my Amlbliobe and Ambanja, they tend to not stress out in public and around people. But my Veiled gets stressed when there is too much going on. So he will be excluded from all field trips.

I'm planning on taking mine "out and about" when they get bigger. I've seen people with them at Venice Beach here in California.

i already have arrangements to take my linus into school for senior project :) other than that, the only place ill take him in public is the pet store, because when people stop to ask questions about him, i can educate them, i LOVE talking about chams <3

Back
Top Bottom