Slothy

JustJay

I post on this thing everyday lol everything concerns me... I just have a question right now tho. Is everyone's chameleon super active or are there some lazy ones. My 4 mo old veiled isnt too very active in front of me but when I leave and come back sometimes he'll be at another spot but I mostly always just see him basking. Is anyone else's like that?

Chameleon's all have different personalities like humans. Some like us some tolerate us and some don't want anything to do with us. At 4 months old he could very well still be getting use to the idea of you especially if you recently got him. He likely won't be very active in front of you unless it's running away from you. Don't take it personally it's just something they do! When they see something as big as you they usually have two instincts either to not move and hope you don't see them or run like hell and hope they can get away haha. Some chameleons learn that there human is friendly and sees you as a source of food and other things they want. Some will always see you as a threat and try to stay away from you like I said they are all different. There personality can also change as they grow older and go through changes in there life. There's quite a lot of factors in active chameleons and it's not necessarily something to worry about right now but I understand the panic attacks you get with everything your new one does! All you can do is keep reading and caring for him and he should be fine! Don't let this scare you away from questions though and make sure you use the search bar to try and find your answeres and then post if you can't find what you are looking for and someone will help you.

Yep this sounds pretty normal. My guy is like that too, he likes hanging out in one spot for long periods of time. He even gets angry if you try to move him from his favorite branch! Nothing to worry about, your dude seems fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom