Slightly opened mouth ?

Maybe you should do a bit of research cause your Lighting ain’t right by your picture recently posted and I guarantee you have fake plants in your enclosure which aren’t good for the cams because the bugs eat the plants the chameleons try to eat the plants and if it’s hard plastic they don’t digest it well, even if your chameleons don’t eat the plants the bugs do which then ultimately get eaten by the chameleons and you prob moss too which hosts bacteria.. stop being a damn troll and acting like you know more than anybody on this page and most importantly why am being this defensive I’m not your “BRAHHH”
I’m literally just talking to people chill out bruh y u so hurt I didn’t try n come at u like u did me

I’m literally just talking to people chill out bruh y u so hurt I didn’t try n come at u like u did me
Be easy then how you try ✌?y
Actually this is old thinking, nowadays you want a basking spot of 85 at the MOST. For females 80 at the most!!! Lower temperatures helps them live longer and for females helps so they have less stress on their bodies when they have to lay eggs by lowering the amount of eggs they lay.
You musta googled search this again instead of getting it from people who actually own female veiled Chameleons and know about laying eggs or who on veiled chameleon.

You can look at any care guide anywhere and it will tell u 85-95 for veileds
But this is incorrect! You want 85 at the hottest for a male, and 80 at the hottest for a female!! Lol but seriously, always check your source of info. Caresheets from chain pet stores like petco and pet smart know nothing. They sell 3 week old chameleons, (a responsible breeder would sell them at 2-3 months AT A MINIMUM) recommend stuff like mealworms and substrate at the bottom, compact uvb lights.... you get the point right. So check your sources. Try to make sure it seems credible

But this is incorrect! You want 85 at the hottest for a male, and 80 at the hottest for a female!! Lol but seriously, always check your source of info. Caresheets from chain pet stores like petco and pet smart know nothing. They sell 3 week old chameleons, (a responsible breeder would sell them at 2-3 months AT A MINIMUM) recommend stuff like mealworms and substrate at the bottom, compact uvb lights.... you get the point right. So check your sources. Try to make sure it seems credible
What I’m saying is that it’s not only chain pet stores that say that

This always bothers me, as I think it is just bad business.
Why don’t they just give proper updated care sheets? Just sell us the right products we will buy it.
They underestimate the amount of $$ we’re willing to spend to do things right. As a result, we end up having to take our business and cash to on line vendors and they lose out.

Ok lol sorry about that on my part, was just a little frustrating
I feel your pain ? ... after three months and him growing in his basking spot obviously staying the same with him growing taller I wasn’t sure what to expect being new at this. I love my little hankypoo and Now I want all the chameleons! LOL i’m slowly turning on one of my spare bedrooms into veiled and Jackson Chamaeleons km so excited!

I feel your pain ? ... after three months and him growing in his basking spot obviously staying the same with him growing taller I wasn’t sure what to expect being new at this. I love my little hankypoo and Now I want all the chameleons! LOL i’m slowly turning on one of my spare bedrooms into veiled and Jackson Chamaeleons km so excited!
I know I want Pygmys so much, especially rieppeleon brevicaudatus (hopefully I spelled that right) SO my favorite kind. I’m gonna wait Till I have way more experience, like many years, to get them though. ?

I know I want Pygmys so much, especially rieppeleon brevicaudatus (hopefully I spelled that right) SO my favorite kind. I’m gonna wait Till I have way more experience, like many years, to get them though. ?
I know! I want an Jackson Chamaeleon so bad, I was at the pet store originally when I got my veiled chameleon Hank and it was super unintentionally I just saw him fell in love with him had to have him and the rest is history apparently but I’ll do whatever I can to make him happy and healthy obviously but now that I am like super obsessed with the chameleons I want the Jackson Chamaeleon and I will definitely do a whole bunch of research before bringing him home! They are just too damn cute ?

I started about a year & 1/2 ago taking my stepdaughter’s cham when she didn’t want it anymore. I knew zero about them and never had any reptiles before. Now I have 3 chams, 3 leopard geckos, a bearded dragon, 2 colonies of roaches and other assorted bugs. I had a ‘reptile’ room but stepdaughter had to move in and there went my room.

Back
Top Bottom