Slightly opened mouth ?

I really hope that’s it! Should I add a couple of vines hanging from the top part of the screen just so he can crawl up there if he wants to? I just seems like so much empty space to me from basking branch to the top of the cage especially when his new bigger cage comes in November... and thanks sooooo much for your help ?

If the temperature is in the high 70's where he is sitting then I don't think he's opening it because he's too hot.
Today it was 80 and I still Caught him when I get home from work with his mouth open slightly but then when I walked close to him he shut it but then I was walking towards him he started licking his lips and swallowing or putting his tongue to the roof of his mouth .. his tongue didn’t actually come out it was like he was drinking water and then that was it nothing else

Open mouth is scary because it can be anything from just sitting that way for a moment to serious respitory problems.
Keep track of the tiniest details to help narrow it down.
It would just make me so sad if something so serious would happen to him, I was at the pet store saw him had to have him hurried up and did a bunch of research grabbed everything I could to home him because I just didn’t feel like the pet store was enough! I started following Neptune the Chamaeleon! Literally threw everything away except for the cage because you really cannot buy everything that has a chameleon on it which is SUPER annoying they can get away with that... Now I even find myself going to the store after three months of my knowledge from
Neptune Chamaeleon..
It’s so sad how they have them baby’s in those glass enclosures with Almost adults! I wish I could buy them all! #Someday

It would just make me so sad if something so serious would happen to him, I was at the pet store saw him had to have him hurried up and did a bunch of research grabbed everything I could to home him because I just didn’t feel like the pet store was enough! I started following Neptune the Chamaeleon! Literally threw everything away except for the cage because you really cannot buy everything that has a chameleon on it which is SUPER annoying they can get away with that... Now I even find myself going to the store after three months of my knowledge from
Neptune Chamaeleon..
It’s so sad how they have them baby’s in those glass enclosures with Almost adults! I wish I could buy them all! #Someday
Yes, I think many of us have started out buying all the wrong stuff and then having to replace it with the right stuff.
I hate when I have to go into the pet stores as I can’t stop myself from looking at the poor little chameleons as well as the leopard gecko’s and beardies. I want to save them all from such uncertain futures.:( I’m well at my limit for animals I can squeeze into my tiny house though (actually am 2 cats over the cat limit, but they are temporary guests). I just have to keep telling myself that I can’t save them all. Hopefully those who are buying the chams at the stores will find their way here and we can help them to have happy and healthy lives.

Mine did this too for a little bit. I raised his heat bulb just a tiny bit higher and i haven’t seen him do it anymore. Your cham might be a tab bit hot :) just raise the heat bulb and you should be alright
The basking temp definitely needs to be higher basking should be around 90-95 degrees they like it warm. 75ish degrees should be the bottom area of the cage so that he can thermoregulate.

Yes, I think many of us have started out buying all the wrong stuff and then having to replace it with the right stuff.
I hate when I have to go into the pet stores as I can’t stop myself from looking at the poor little chameleons as well as the leopard gecko’s and beardies. I want to save them all from such uncertain futures.:( I’m well at my limit for animals I can squeeze into my tiny house though (actually am 2 cats over the cat limit, but they are temporary guests). I just have to keep telling myself that I can’t save them all. Hopefully those who are buying the chams at the stores will find their way here and we can help them to have happy and healthy lives.
Exactly! I hope there are people like me and you who will see them and can take them and give them a better life, even though we don’t know much about them we are willing to learn and let them live the most healthiest life they can! Even though they hate us at times!! LOL

Exactly! I hope there are people like me and you who will see them and can take them and give them a better life, even though we don’t know much about them we are willing to learn and let them live the most healthiest life they can! Even though they hate us at times!! LOL
When I say we I meant I lol

This always bothers me, as I think it is just bad business.
Why don’t they just give proper updated care sheets? Just sell us the right products we will buy it.

Attachments

• 010632D4-5B9C-4143-9619-22EBA4DDE2C9.png
    010632D4-5B9C-4143-9619-22EBA4DDE2C9.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 80
I don’t go by Google, I go by the experience chameleon keepers on this page ... that’s y we are all here right?
Maybe you should do a bit of research cause your Lighting ain’t right by your picture recently posted and I guarantee you have fake plants in your enclosure which aren’t good for the cams because the bugs eat the plants the chameleons try to eat the plants and if it’s hard plastic they don’t digest it well, even if your chameleons don’t eat the plants the bugs do which then ultimately get eaten by the chameleons and you prob moss too which hosts bacteria.. stop being a damn troll and acting like you know more than anybody on this page and most importantly why am being this defensive I’m not your “BRAHHH”

Back
Top Bottom