Sleepy veiled

It looks like a bit of blood in there? The vet gave him an injection of calcium and water so he should be better hydrated now

When feeding with syringe, put syringe as far back as you can and give very small amounts. Their trachea ( breathing tube) is near the front of mouth under the tongue. The oesophagus ( food tube) is in the throat. Some on here have made bug juice by squishing crickets and straining out the lumps. Add calcium and a tiny bit of water. You are doing a great job and we are all pulling for you both. He does look very dehydrated.

I took him to a different vet as he fell off his branch, he instantly diagnosed severe dehydration and calcium deficiency, but he died on the way back home, I just don't understand, he was drinking in the shower and I dusted every bit of food he had it just doesn't make sense :(

Sorry about your little one. As you had him for only a month it could be he was ill before you got him. Chams are able to hide illness and by the time they show signs it is often too late. You tried lots of things to get him better so don't beat yourself up about it. Hope you will stick around here and hopefully when you feel a bit better you will get another. RIP little one.

Sorry about your little one. As you had him for only a month it could be he was ill before you got him. Chams are able to hide illness and by the time they show signs it is often too late. You tried lots of things to get him better so don't beat yourself up about it. Hope you will stick around here and hopefully when you feel a bit better you will get another. RIP little one.

I lost my job so I'm limited on funds it's cost me £90 in vet fees half of which I had to borrow so it could be a while! Donations welcome :p

I am really sorry to hear that. I don't think I even asked his name :(

I think you did everything you could to help your little guy get through his illness. Especially being low on funds, I applaud your efforts to get him veterinary care. I agree with Kate - it's entirely possible he was ill before you got him and no amount of TLC could have helped him once he became so very sick.

If you decide to get another cham, I would be sure you meticulously disinfect everything your little guy used. Toss all the fake plants, vines, sticks, and anything else porous/absorbent. I am not sure if the ExoTerra Jungle Vines can be properly disinfected since they have that crumbly surface. Lysol down the cage/light fixtures/everything. If it was a parasite or infection, you don't want to expose a new animal. Some types of parasites and bacteria can be very difficult to eradicate.

Ill be sure to do that, I'm looking at buying a mesh enclosure if I get a new Cham, the wooden one I have has swollen on the base due to water, it's going to end up with mould etc.. I had bought a few live plants to put on with him before he passed so ill be using them also if I get a new chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom