Sleepy veiled

Zoomed make reptile carpet. You can also get artificial grass from garden centre . Lidle had some a few months ago but don't know if they still have it. It needs to be fairly flat so bits of food and poop can be cleaned off it.:)

Update he's only closing his left eye now so I think he's got something in it
jyba4yhe.jpg

Could you put a plant into the shower? Have shower warm and bouncing off the walls, not directly on the plant but splashes and fine mist touching the plant. Leave Cham on the plant, supervised for about 20 mins. That will give him a chance to clean his eyes. You could drip normal saline into it. You may get that amongst contact lense solution.:)

quze2yha.jpg

I've changed the bulb to a reptile heat bulb that lets off UVA and is frosted on the front, I've upped it to a 60watt so it will be dimmer as its plugged in to the thermostat, I'm going to try the shower now

Okay he opens the left eye and keeps it open when eating then closes it again after?

So is he eating and drinking better? Is he still sleeping during the day or it just the closing of his left eye during the day? Sounds like things are better and that he may indeed have had something in his eye. Keep an eye on that eye as he may still need vet treatment if he developes an infection.

So is he eating and drinking better? Is he still sleeping during the day or it just the closing of his left eye during the day? Sounds like things are better and that he may indeed have had something in his eye. Keep an eye on that eye as he may still need vet treatment if he developes an infection.

He still sitting in the basking area with both eyes shut then when he goes for a wander opens one eye, except for when he is after a cricket he opens both, I gave him a good spray today with warm water, I haven't seen him drink for a couple of days and I've only seen him take 2 crickets in the past 3 days

he9u5evu.jpg

This is how he's sitting during the day, the eye on the right of the picture is the one he doesn't like to open can anyone see anything wrong with it?? I'm getting worried about him now, I have rearranged his tank best I can, removed the bark and put the UVB on the roof

beja5ety.jpg

Have you tried turning the UV light off for a few days and seeing if that helps? That might help you eliminate whether it is a light issue or something stuck in the eye issue. He will be fine without the UV light for just a few days (not forever).

Right now, he doesn't have a lot of shady spots to hide from the light, so he still could be overwhelmed if it's a light issue. Maybe you could get a large-leafed fake plant and anchor it above the vines on the right side of the cage to give him a shady spot to rest? Check a craft store - they will have more fake plant options than a pet store.

Adding some real plants will help with humidity if that's a concern, but one issue at a time :)

I have to agree, the bulb being inside definitely will stress his eyes out and the fact that he crawls above it says it all. Also, just a other members were saying, screen will be a much better solution. Good luck.

I've just put him on a live plant in the shower with it splashing off the wall, he has had a good drink and it cleaning his eyes but opening only one still, could be dehydrated? Ill try the UV off for two days and as soon as I get some money and a hole saw ill make a hole in the top of the tank and get one of them big domes??

Well I think your lighting is fine, the only issue I see is that they need to be placed outside* and on top of the cage that way he can get access to the UVB/heat. When he crawls on top of it he is missing the potential UVB, when its on top he will constantly have access to it. But I would work more on getting a screen cage enclosure for many reasons. One, his reflection will/and may have been stressing him out thinking another male is in nearby territory. Two, his ventilation is greatly reduced since there isn't as much as airflow as a screen cage would provide. Three, chameleons LOVE to climb and the glass prevents him from fully exploring that nature. Your setup is phenomonal but would appeal more for something like a crested gecko/amphibian, I say switch to a screen cage and you should be set. :)

Before you buy a whole new enclosure, you might investigate whether you can replace the glass doors with screen ones. Most hardware stores will make custom screens to size for pretty cheap. You could either mount them with hinges to the edges of your cage or maybe they would fit into the sliding track, you'd have to look into it.

Before you buy a whole new enclosure, you might investigate whether you can replace the glass doors with screen ones. Most hardware stores will make custom screens to size for pretty cheap. You could either mount them with hinges to the edges of your cage or maybe they would fit into the sliding track, you'd have to look into it.

Ill certainly look into that

Back
Top Bottom