Sleepy veiled

These are stressed colours. A sleeping veiled is usually light green. Live leafy plants would give him places to hide. I think Lidl has ficus and schefflera on offer this week.

He's still that colour now, but he's just took a bug so he's eating and he opened his eye to get the bug then closed it again

Looks like a bit of swelling at the bottom of the affected eye??

4aputupu.jpg

u8ypajav.jpg

What do we think? Looks swollen to me, how do I fix this?? Just leave it be or is there a course of treatment for this?? If he had something in his eye that won't budge then how so I get it out??

I've just give him another shower and put him back in and he's just puffed the eye right out and started rubbing it on branches and leaves

Keep misting. He might be trying to clear something out of his eye. Also, it might be time for a vet visit. A "well lizard check up" is always a good thing and the vet can take a look at his eyes. Take some fresh droppings in a baggie for a parasite check, too.

Is he doing any better with the UV off for a few days?

Keep misting. He might be trying to clear something out of his eye. Also, it might be time for a vet visit. A "well lizard check up" is always a good thing and the vet can take a look at his eyes. Take some fresh droppings in a baggie for a parasite check, too.

Is he doing any better with the UV off for a few days?

No I didn't really see a difference in turning the uv off, I haven't seen him open the eye at all for a few days, I'm going to the vets in 2 hours, ill report back what they say, I hope he's going to be okay

Vet says vit a deficiency but I'm not totally convinced he's given him a multivitamin injection so I guess time will tell?

Okay so it's been over 24hrs since the vet visit and the vitamin injection, he looked really dehydrated, eyes sunken in despite 3 mistings, and has been alot more lethargic than he was being already holding on to branches with 3 legs or in a lazy way as if he hasn't got the strength to hold himself, I put him in the shower and he had a drink going to offer some fresh gut loaded bugs in the morning and see if he takes them, I'm not going to dust them with vits as I'm sure he has had enough vits already!

Were you able to take fresh droppings to the vet to have them checked for parasites?

I really hope your little guys perks up. Definitely make sure he is staying hydrated.

Were you able to take fresh droppings to the vet to have them checked for parasites?

I really hope your little guys perks up. Definitely make sure he is staying hydrated.

No there wasn't any available to take, I only spotted some the day after, I've gone to feed him this morning and he's just not interested looks very week, sunken eyes and can barely keep the good eye open! I need help!

Been back to the vet he's weighed him, 9.4grams! He has given him an injection of calcium and water to rehydrate him and boost his calcium, also given me some liquid food to try feed him to give him some energy

Poor little guy. At this point, you're doing everything you can. Keep him hydrated and warm and hope he can pull through. Put him in a smaller cage with a towel on the bottom in case he starts falling.

If it gets hopeless, you can try force feeding him with a needleless syringe - mashed up crickets and a little bit of pedialyte. Only give him tiny amounts at a time so he doesn't get any in his lungs. Force feeding is really difficult, so be very careful. Maybe a more experienced member can jump in with more advice.

The unfortunate thing about small animals is that one of their only defense mechanisms is to NOT look sick, so by the time we see symptoms, they are often very ill.

Poor little guy. At this point, you're doing everything you can. Keep him hydrated and warm and hope he can pull through. Put him in a smaller cage with a towel on the bottom in case he starts falling.

If it gets hopeless, you can try force feeding him with a needleless syringe - mashed up crickets and a little bit of pedialyte. Only give him tiny amounts at a time so he doesn't get any in his lungs. Force feeding is really difficult, so be very careful. Maybe a more experienced member can jump in with more advice.

The unfortunate thing about small animals is that one of their only defense mechanisms is to NOT look sick, so by the time we see symptoms, they are often very ill.

He's just started retching but nothing came out and shaking his head, he's stopped now but I'm panicking now, he's sat on a vine and keeps opening and closing his mouth

If that's his urate, he is very dehydrated. It should be only a tiny bit off white, not orange.

I don't have any advice over what you have been doing. The harsh reality is, you may not be able to save him. Keep him hydrated and comfortable. Shower time if he can do it and extra mistings. If he gets really bad, you can take him to the vet or let nature take its course.

I feel really bad for both of you, and I do hope he pulls through. Given how quickly he has gone downhill, you should prepare yourself for losing him. Keep trying, but prepare yourself.

If you can afford it, a necropsy by the vet might be helpful determining what was wrong with him.

Small animals can be really delicate, but it still hurts just as much - I definitely know from experience losing past "friends".

Keep us updated and know that lots of people are rooting for his recovery.

Back
Top Bottom