sleeping upside down...

dlegare

Established Member
Hey,

Has anyone ever seen their Cham sleeping upside down? I have a 4 month old Panther and this morning I noticed he was sleeping completely upside down as if you turned the branch while he was sleeping. Tail is coiled tightly and he doesn't look any different from his normal sleeping state except that he is upside down.

I initially thought the branch had turned while he was sleeping but it didn't.

Strange.

Lol! Here's Hugh sleeping up side down. :D

IMG_0967.jpg

ohhhhhh upside down like that..mine usually sleep vertically...so when u said upside down i pictured but straight up and nose straight down..my bad

ohhhhhh upside down like that..mine usually sleep vertically...so when u said upside down i pictured but straight up and nose straight down..my bad

No worries... my cham does that as well! They sleep in some weird positions. You wonder how they are getting any rest at all.. after all they must be holding on for dear life ;)

Lol! I guess that counts as up side down as well, now you got me thinking what the original poster meant. Lol! I guess after reading a little closer... :p

My little dude sleeps vertically too, hanging onto his dripper. It's like his little cuddle buddy..He doesn't sleep without cuddling it and if not the dripper, a leaf! ^^

It's probably like a hammock effect, maybe a little bit of rocking to sleep? Probably feels really cool. Lol

Homer did that once. (upside down sloth like) I found that his sleep/low lighting response is quite fast, If hes moving about when the lights go off, he will freeze in place till morning!
Consequently I now make sure there is some low level lighting in the room at that time,
he will recognise the drop in brightness and prepare himself for sleep in a comfortable spot, then I can darken the room entirely.
Generally he finds a place before lights out but occasionally he seems to 'lose track of time' while hunting a previously unnoticed cricket or something and gets caught out! :)

Tonight mine has also assumed the upside down on top screen position. Yesterday she was sideways on a branch, instead of being just right side up or upside down on it, she was completely sideways..... weirdo.

yup,mine is upside down in the verical position tonight too,allthough i did re-arrange some plants in his home so he is prob off balance tonight lol,usually he does what mr.jacksons does and he will freeze in place if the lights go off and i dont have another light on in the room...strange little animals they are,doesnt the blood rush to their heads? maybe it thinks its a bat or something teehee:p guess i should mention mine are veilds as you can see fr my avatar pic..duh hahhaha

Back
Top Bottom