Sleeping position

My cham shenron fell asleep grabbing the cage door , is this normal ? Hes never done it , he slept there all night tho lol .

Attachments

• IMG_1791.jpeg
    IMG_1791.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 13
Sometimes young juvenile will screen climb ,as you only have him a month he's probably only settling in . What size of enclosure does he have ,and what's his night temps?

My cham shenron fell asleep grabbing the cage door , is this normal ? Hes never done it , he slept there all night tho lol .
To answer your question no not really he should be snuggled up on a nice branch with his tail curled up , but without knowing your enclosure size and temperatures etc it's hard to give a proper answer

Do you turn both of your light off at the same time? I have mine set up to turn off heat lamp then 30mins later uvb, that gives him time to find his little sleeping spot and get there by the time all lights out. If you turn off all the lights at once, sometimes they just stay where they were, or end up in weird spots like that because it’s dark and they’re trying to go to sleep

Do you turn both of your light off at the same time? I have mine set up to turn off heat lamp then 30mins later uvb, that gives him time to find his little sleeping spot and get there by the time all lights out. If you turn off all the lights at once, sometimes they just stay where they were, or end up in weird spots like that because it’s dark and they’re trying to go to sleep
In the wild a chameleon will normally go and find their sleeping spot well in advance before lights out ( as the light and heat will naturally decrease) if a cham is in this position there could be a problem within the enclosure.

To answer your question no not really he should be snuggled up on a nice branch with his tail curled up , but without knowing your enclosure size and temperatures etc it's hard to give a proper answer
Hes almost 2 , i have a regular 2x2x4 with live plants and plenty of branches . Night temps are mid to low 60s . Days are mid 70s with basking spot reaching 84 tops sometimes .

Yea i do they shut off at 8 all at the same time , yea this was the first and only night he slept in a weird position . I have 3 lights a 80 watt basking with a arcadia led and T5 bar

They tend to fall asleep quick once lights go out. He could have just been climbing around and that’s where he was when they shut off. If everything in your enclosure seems good and this is the first time he has done it, I would just keep an eye on it and monitor. The biggest concern is since he is not a baby, his weight can put pressure on his little nails. So keep an eye on his toes if he continues it. My little weirdo has always slept weird. Vertical most nights. I’ve attributed it to his poor husbandry in the past before I got him. He didn’t have many branches before. He has plenty now, but seems to prefer sleeping vertical 🤷🏻‍♀️

They tend to fall asleep quick once lights go out. He could have just been climbing around and that’s where he was when they shut off. If everything in your enclosure seems good and this is the first time he has done it, I would just keep an eye on it and monitor. The biggest concern is since he is not a baby, his weight can put pressure on his little nails. So keep an eye on his toes if he continues it. My little weirdo has always slept weird. Vertical most nights. I’ve attributed it to his poor husbandry in the past before I got him. He didn’t have many branches before. He has plenty now, but seems to prefer sleeping vertical 🤷🏻‍♀️
But i mean is it common for them to sleep like that , what could it be if he keeps on ?

Hey there have you recently made changes to the cage? Adding new plants etc? Sometimes this will throw them off. They do not know where there spots are anymore because of the change in the enclosure.

If he consistently screen climbs and passes out on the screen like this the concern is them breaking nails off. Panthers already have a bit shorter nails and their grip tends to be softer than other species so them losing nails is not only detrimental to being able to move around and hold on securely but also broken nails can lead to infection in the toes.

Hey there have you recently made changes to the cage? Adding new plants etc? Sometimes this will throw them off. They do not know where there spots are anymore because of the change in the enclosure.

If he consistently screen climbs and passes out on the screen like this the concern is them breaking nails off. Panthers already have a bit shorter nails and their grip tends to be softer than other species so them losing nails is not only detrimental to being able to move around and hold on securely but also broken nails can lead to infection in the toes.
So his nails seem fine , but he did it again on the opposite back wall last night tho lol . He seems fine walking around and munching on his worms and horn worms . Should i be worried ? Heres a look in his enclosure lmk what yall think .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom