Sleeping chameleon

mandaxx3x

Okay, so currently Calvin is sleeping like a weirdo. I have never seen her sleep like this before. And although its amusing, I am terrified that she is going to fall during the night and get hurt. Mom life, even when one of your four kids is only a chameleon. Anyway, here is the picture of my sleeping beauty. She's holding on to the top part of her habitat and her back feet are on the leaf. Should I leave her or move her? I don't really want a grumpy, sleepy chameleon. But I don't want her to get hurt..

Attachments

• IMG_20170331_202504561.jpg
    IMG_20170331_202504561.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 77
I'll defer to any more experienced cham owner/keeper, but based on my experience, there little guys have kung-fu grip.

My Cham has fallen a sleep on a leave that was held in place only by the fact I closed the glass door to his terrarium on the other end. The leaf was long and narrow and it would rock like a narrow swinging bridge. If I opened the door he would fall. I left him there, but not before placing towel under him, JUST IN CASE.

So my advice would be to place a towel or something if possible to catch her if she falls, but I have never heard of a cham falling from a sleep.

And kinyonga beats me to the punch :) (He's one of those "more experienced" people I was referring to.)(y)

My guy used to do that more when he was younger, seems as though he grew out of it for the most part and sleeps in a "somewhat" sane position now. Every so often he goes and sits on his sleeping branch upside down like David blain but has not fallen yet.

My guy used to do that more when he was younger, seems as though he grew out of it for the most part and sleeps in a "somewhat" sane position now. Every so often he goes and sits on his sleeping branch upside down like David blain but has not fallen yet.
She usually sleeps the same way. Apparently not tonight

Awww! That's adorable, I love how that cannot possibly be comfortable yet he looks so peaceful :) mine fell asleep on my nose last night and I felt so bad having to move him

Back
Top Bottom