Sleeping At The Edge Of The Cage?

This is the light I currently have

Can the Arcadia bulbs be used in the Repti Sun fixture?

Yes. T5 is the bulb type. Theres different types of linear bulbs. Most offices will use t5 fluorescent or T8 style bulbs. You cant use a T8 with a T5 and so on.

T5HO is mostly used when you need a high output of light like big open areas indoors, indoor gardens, aquariums, terrariums, etc. With a T5HO fixture you need to use a T5HO bulb since a regular T5 would be burnt out by the HO fixture which puts out a higher wattage of power.

The UVB you have is on the right side. It will not provide enough UVB for your cham. Since it is coiled the UVB is focused in one spot. If the chameleon is not directly under that bulb, it will not get the UVB it needs to produce its own vitamin D3.

We recommend the linear bulbs because it spreads the UVB out across the whole cage so if your cham doesnt want to bask, it will still have access to UVB away from the basking light.

My dad pointed out that it is made by the same company, the UVB that I have now and the T5 HO, what is the difference? Is the one I have for snakes or something?

My dad pointed out that it is made by the same company, the UVB that I have now and the T5 HO, what is the difference? Is the one I have for snakes or something?

Zoom med makes quality products. However your linear T5HO is meant for tall cages, 3-4ft.

Your zoomed cfl, is meant for short cages, snakes, anoles, things that like 1ft tall cages.

You dont want to put a t5HO on a "fish tank" that is 12-18" tall, it will be way too powerful.

You dont want to put a CFL on a 3-4 tall tank, because it only puts out usable UVB 4-6", aka half of the 12" cage.

The dual dome fixture you will use one socket for a basking bulb to heat the cage.

You need a separate, 24" long T5HO fixture to use a long, linear style bulb.

The coil UVB you have (also known as a Compact fluorescent light or CFL) is useless past 6 inches below the bulb.

unnecessary repeat posts

Ohhhhhh dont get me started :) id say 90% of my posts on the internet are replying to repeat posts, at a certain point you can just automate it and move on with your day. "yea you will need this this, and change this, just like the other 20 people that asked in the last 3 months".

Tis better to ask a question again vs thinking you dont have to. I dont mind answering the same questions over and over for the rest of my life, maybe some of us were grade school teachers in previous lives.

My guy sleeps in the middle back or bottom of his cage. Never at the edges. I designed mine to have a plethora of places to hide. Sometimes I cant find him until he comes out from where he was.

Anytime your looking for lighting you dont need to only look in the area of reptiles. Any T5 fixture that has at least 2 bulbs will work fine. You need 1 UVB bulb, 1 Plant grow bulb.
This would be bare min fixture
https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Aquar...82020&s=gateway&sprefix=T5+24,aps,487&sr=8-14
I use a 4 bulb t5 like this. 1 of the bulbs is a UVB..
https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Blaze-Fl...eway&sprefix=T5+24,aps,487&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

If you need a good light. this 4 bulb with timer would be a good choice. You will need different bulbs.
https://www.amazon.com/Odyssea-Time...ight+fixture&qid=1563482328&s=gateway&sr=8-10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom