Skin Problem?

CHAMaDdIcT

hey everyone, my cham Xanthus has been continually shedding for over a week now, it looks as though his body just keeps shedding the new skin off :confused: im not sure if hes just been shedding for this whole time, or if hes shed several times within this last month

any feedback would be great

I'm sorry. I'm not knowledgeable. It's possible this thread would do better in the health clinic. I don't think you need to restart it there, maybe just send a PM to one of the moderators asking to have it moved? That would also draw his/her attention to your problem.

Meanwhile, we can get a head start on things so when someone with knowledge does read the thread you'll get help soon.

You should complete the how to ask for help form found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Even if you don't think the information is needed, you'll find people insisting on it so, as you are worried, it is something you should do.

Just post the questions and answers in this thread.

Pictures are always helpful. Often far more helpful than the form, so if you can get some without upsetting your chameleon, that would be very good.

Well, you're moving up! You've been moved to the Health Clinic so that means your post is getting the attention of people with information. This is a good thing.

There isn't an issue if he is shedding, he is young right? young chams shed and shed as they grow. I wouldn't worry too much about it. if he is a veiled you'll notice his head will be gray for most of his juvi life... once about 12-14 months old the males get more color in the casque after it has stopped growing and under continuous shed.

i got my first cham yesterday, shes settled in nice and eating straight away
i woke up this morning and she looks like shes had a skin graft (shedding) it must be driving her mad, shes rubbing her face on everything

one thing is worrying me is that shes constantly opening and closing her mouth, is this just because the skin around her mouth is irratating her ?

There isn't an issue if he is shedding, he is young right? young chams shed and shed as they grow. I wouldn't worry too much about it. if he is a veiled you'll notice his head will be gray for most of his juvi life... once about 12-14 months old the males get more color in the casque after it has stopped growing and under continuous shed.

ok thanks, the only reason i bumped is because my mom thought he was gonna die or something and didnt really believe me that is was no problem :eek:

Back
Top Bottom