Skeletal articulation??

JlaPinska

My boy had a bad fall a little over a week ago and broke either one or both legs or his pelvis and he did not survive the night. I am too attached to just bury him. So for now he's packaged nicely in the freezer. I can't decide if i want to use flesh eating larva to break down the body so i can assemble the skeleton for a learning display or cremate him and keep his ashes in a wearable urn. Does anyone have any experience with articulation?? I'm worried that once he's broken down to bones that there will be possible crushed bones that i won't be able to reassemble. If that happens then his bones won't be enough to cremate i know there won't be any ash left from that. Anyone have any tips/pointers? He is full grown specimen completely intact etc.. i read something about if i keep the ligaments intact it will work better for articulation? Anyone have advice for me?? Thanks in advance!

edit to add that he is a veiled.

I called the resident animal crematory and to have him cremated in the chamber alone, it's $150. if they put him in with another animal, it's $95. They separate the bodies in the chamber with 5 bricks. It's expensive but.. worth it to me if i go that route. I have used them before for a cat and it's a really nice service. Costly but, worth it

Back
Top Bottom