Size Comparison

Bio123

Can anyone post a picture of a full grown veiled chameleon next to an easily recognizable object other than your hand? I want to see how big they look when full grown. How big should veiled chameleons be at about 6 months?

I was thinking the same thing, but in general. I was thinking about getting a panther soon, so I was wondering if there was a rule of thumb as to what size the cham will be AROUND at what number of months? I know it varies with individuals, but is there a general rule?

Bio123- A friend of mine has a veiled. I will see if I can get a photo tomorrow.

Thanks.
Mark

The size varies with genetics as adults. The babies do not have a specific size at a certain age. They grow according to how much you feed them. So if you fed one a lot, it'd grow quickly and be adult sized sooner. The less you feed them the slower they grow. So an over fed three month old might be as big as a six month old who is fed a lot less.

That being said, don't start feeding him more so he'll grow faster. The faster they grow the bigger the chance of bone problems as adults.

I was trying to make up a cage upgrade schedule. So, I guess the better question would be what size should they be to go in a (16x16x20)small, (16x16x30)medium, and (24x24x48) large cage?

Mark

I change it when they start to look a little cramped. I actually start out my babies in an 18x18x30, and last chameleon I had I moved him around 7-8 months.

I was trying to make up a cage upgrade schedule. So, I guess the better question would be what size should they be to go in a (16x16x20)small, (16x16x30)medium, and (24x24x48) large cage?

Mark

Here's a 9 month old veil in front of a medium sized cage.

Last edited:
IMG_8023.jpg

It is large but it is also some distance infront of the cage, a size enhancing optical effect/illusion. Matter of perspective. :)

A dunny roll is pretty standard size the world over. Homer 11 months (mid shed)

20jjkg3.jpg

o6mhhv.jpg

Last edited:
There some of the nicest Veiled’s I’ve seen and I love the fact you compared the size to a toilet roll one of the funniest thing I’ve seen but also one of the most ingenious ways for everyone to get a perspective.

haha yall should see prettykttkat's oustalets's chameleon man hes a MONSTER! so beautiful, the sotry behind him is so awsome!

user3157_pic2117_1248949951.jpg look at this beauty ...copyright goes to prettykttkat^^ i do NOT own this image....prettykttkat does just showd it for entertianment.

At about 5 1/2 months, my cham is the size of my hand (not arm) with my fingers stretched out. This does not include the tail. I feed my cham about 8-10 crix a day. Is this too much?

Back
Top Bottom