Sittin' Pretty!

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
P1000326-1.jpg
Little Romeo my sweet Samabava at 8 mos.

Being nice and friendly always makes them special. Do you keep him in a cage or does he free range?

both. I live in Florida. I have only had him 3 months and am a first time owner and have learned alot on the forum! I did about a month of research before I bought him and then I got him from Kammerflage Creations in Calif. I bought the whole set up from them so I did it right. I have a beautiful screend in porch and when I got him in April it was still cool enough cause I really wanted to keep him out there but I was informed the temps would be too constantly high, so we brought him in side for the summer. I do have a little free range I set up for him on the patio but we only take him out there for short periods, because again, it is hot. The plan is to move him back to the patio in the fall and my hubby is going to build him a great cage for outdoor sunning, so he will have three areas to roam around! Spoiled little fella! I thing I read somehwhere that you are from Florida also, no?

I live on the east coast about an hour north of west Palm Beach in a little town called Ft. Pierce. Where do you live?

I live in Lake Worth which is right in Palm Beach County. We are not that far away from each. So I know you are an expert keeper and senior member from what i have read. So when do you let your chams go outside? how long have you been an owner?

I live in Lake Worth which is right in Palm Beach County. We are not that far away from each. So I know you are an expert keeper and senior member from what i have read. So when do you let your chams go outside? how long have you been an owner?

I got Luie in Oct. 2007 but my daughter has had chameleons for over 6 years and use to bring them home from college with her in the summers. I take mine out for about 30 minutes in the mornings around 8 am for a morning misting and then usually sit outside and watch them in the late evening around 7:00 for another 30 or 45 minutes. I free range both and would love for you to come up sometime and meet them. I'll pm you with my phone number.

ok, cool send me your phone number. that would be great. A PM is a personal message right? LOL! Remember I am a rookie at all this! So you have just one cham then? I was under the impression that you have a bunch! It is your daugher then. Have you ever had your cham get sick on you? I read so much stuff on the forum about problems I am paranoid all the time that something is going to go wrong! One thing I dont have is a vet. I dont even know if there is one by me or not. Do you take yours for well check ups?

;

ok, cool send me your phone number. that would be great. A PM is a personal message right? LOL! Remember I am a rookie at all this! So you have just one cham then? I was under the impression that you have a bunch! It is your daugher then. Have you ever had your cham get sick on you? I read so much stuff on the forum about problems I am paranoid all the time that something is going to go wrong! One thing I dont have is a vet. I dont even know if there is one by me or not. Do you take yours for well check ups?

Yes, we go for well check up's every 6 months. I go to Orlando to Dr. Alfonso. He's absolutely wonderful with chameleons. There is a chameleon vet down that way. Bocajan has one somewhere around Boca Raton. You could pm her to see who it is.

The worse thing mine have ever had is Luie had Coccidia twice a couple of years ago. I have seen allot of stuff tho with my daughter's chams. It's always good to have a good vet. Chameleons go down fast.

Back
Top Bottom