Silkworms?

filius_peter

Hello

I wanted to get some variety for my cam on his food. he usually eats crickets and (not too many) waxworms and moths that the waxworms turn into. I went to the pet store the other day and saw these dried worms and asked the woman at the store. She told me they were silkworms and I should soack them in hot water and they would swell up and then to give it to my cam. I tried that but first, the things wouldnt swell up and ten i gave it to my cam and he didnt even look at them. can you please tell me what these are and how to feed them to my cam( i dont trust the lady in the store too much, she tried to tell me once that waxworms were superworms).

Attachments

Marc10edora

Avid Member
Those are not even close to silkworms. They look like dried up silkworm cocoons to me. Your cham didn't eat it because chams only eat live moving food. I wouldn't feed them to your cham. Pet stores will sell anything to make a sell because most pet stores are usually hurting for money. That is why I never trust a single thing that a pet store employee tells me. Before I go to buy something at a pet store, I do my research and know exactly what I need before I get there. If I see something new at a pet store that I feel like buying, I resist the urge and go home to do some research on it before I buy it.

Julirs

That has to be the weirdest thing I have ever seen! I agree-looks like coccoons! Order some silkworms online-they are a great food and very easy to breed and keep. I started out with a small order and now sustain my 3 chameleons, a friends chameleon,and 2 local pet stores.

Last edited:

PamsChams

Well I have over 20,000 worms I am looking at right now and I must say that I have never seen anything like that. if you need worms just check out silkwormwholesale.com maybe ther are cocoons?

Gizmo

Pam is looking at 20,000 worms, and I am feeling overrun by 1,000? Clearly I need more mouths to feed... :eek:)

Top Bottom