My panthers tongue. Please help.

dcaylor

Hey. So I just got a panther. He is male and maybe a little less than a year old. The previous owner had no idea. Today when I was putting up a new thermostat he shot his tongue at me and my natural reaction was to pull away while his tongue was stuck to my finger i think. I didnt see it happen. His tongue was all out and about and it took a few min for him to get it back in. Now he is have problems drinking water and eating. I tried to hand feed him and the food just cam back out. And he can't get his tongue out to drink water when he tries. I'm not sure what to do and I don't have money for a vet right now or a cc to even use. Can someone tell help me?

I attached a video of him trying to drink water

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cJlU21I_VewW8oNwl9jeow_WTPZOvfaz/view?usp=drivesdk

Don‘t let him use it tongue for at least three day. Just let him rest it. In three days when you start to feed him again hold the bug vey close to his mouth so he can just grab it and not have to use his tongue. After a week you can hold a bug about an inch away and see if his tongue works. If it does you can gradually move the feeder out very slowly and a little bit at the time. Also, I would set up a dripper for him so he doesn’t have to lick the leaves for water.

It would be a good idea for you to fill out the ask for help form so we can see what supplements and lighting you are using.

Please listen to what @jannb has said.

At least you can see the end of the tongue so you know he didn’t swallow it.

If the tongue hangs out and won’t retract, make sure you let us know right away and keep it moist.

hi i have the same problem with my chameleon did your guy end up surviving what happened please let me know

Back
Top Bottom