Silk worm seasonal?

Kimmers

I see that one supplier is out. Another offers only 'small' in both live ct. and pods. Is this a seasonal thing or normal supply and demand?

I assume that if I ordered live silk worms I would order the special food. Hmmm, is there a tutorial on this? :confused:

It's late and I'm going to bed and maybe it will make more sense in the morning!

Kate

Established Member
They are educational and hard work if you get too many . Pigglet79 has some excellent blogs on here. They are an excellent feeder, will worth the hard work.:)

pigglett79

Avid Member
Silkworms can be hard to keep. Sometimes there are mass die offs due to illness that can wipe out an entire stock. Its just not an exact science. I raise them the same exact way every time and sometimes they do just fine, while other times I just can't keep them alive.

chowser

I've been using them for about 4 months now I get a shipment in every two weeks. I have a cricket keeper with no top and I clean out all the poop every couple of days and feed them the premade food. I Always ordrt before i run out so i have plenty of big ones while the small ones grow. Its kind of a gamble on If i will get big or small. But the lady at silkwormshop.com always sends me an email to let me know. I dont think they have ever ran out. The Haven't had too many die on me and they grow pretty fast if they are small and u feed them everyday. I love them as my feeder and Bandito does too. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom