Silk Worm Freak out!!!

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
So I got Beman some silkworms he had 2 skipping a day in between. So today was his feeding day. I held up the silk worm and he freaked out puffed up, pancaked, started dancing around getting all huge, and showed the most amazing coloring I have ever seen on him. So I put it back in its container he calmed down and came to me... Then I tried again because I thought well there is no way that it was the silk worm he was freaking out about because he loved them the day before. NOPE I was wrong he did it again. Was the funniest thing I had ever seen him do. So here is the pic of him with his "I said NO silk worm mom" colors lol.
2-27-19 copy.jpg

Can't wait to see my little man with his adult colors. I'm still glad I bought him young though.
Yeah he is very easy going and never gets angry so I don't tend to see him flashing his stunning colors like this. I got him when he was 4 months old and just a little pale green guy. It has been awesome to watch him grow. :)

Yeah he is very easy going and never gets angry so I don't tend to see him flashing his stunning colors like this. I got him when he was 4 months old and just a little pale green guy. It has been awesome to watch him grow. :)
Mines already a grumpy butt lol. I'm estimating he's around 3 1/2 months right now. He will tolerate me doing stuff in his enclosure, but just DON'T LOOK AT HIM! haha I thought chameleons were slow! This guy can move like a cheetah when he wants to lol. He's tolerating his every 2-3 days handling for 10-20min better though. It's just getting him out that's the fun part. I've realized it's easier just taking out whatever he's holding onto first then trying from there.

Mines already a grumpy butt lol. I'm estimating he's around 3 1/2 months right now. He will tolerate me doing stuff in his enclosure, but just DON'T LOOK AT HIM! haha I thought chameleons were slow! This guy can move like a cheetah when he wants to lol. He's tolerating his every 2-3 days handling for 10-20min better though. It's just getting him out that's the fun part. I've realized it's easier just taking out whatever he's holding onto first then trying from there.
Yeah I got a weirdo here. He has never really minded me at all. But the first few weeks I had him I would bribe him with treats to get him to come out on my hand after them. Although I have realized that my guy seems to be an odd ball because when he sees me walk into the room he comes to the front of the enclosure wanting out. He is pretty spoiled but he does not act like the typical Veiled at all. Very laid back and friendly. But yes boy can he move when he wants to go somewhere lol.

I've had the same experience with dubia roaches. He was never a fan of them, but recently I got him to eat them from hand. I've had them for a while, so some are really quite large. I figured he'd like the big one. Nope. Totally freaked out. They are such goofs sometimes.

I've had the same experience with dubia roaches. He was never a fan of them, but recently I got him to eat them from hand. I've had them for a while, so some are really quite large. I figured he'd like the big one. Nope. Totally freaked out. They are such goofs sometimes.
Hmmm interesting thought I wonder if it was the size... he has had horn worms that were the same size and did not freak so I had not thought about that!

Reactions: iMi
Hmmm interesting thought I wonder if it was the size... he has had horn worms that were the same size and did not freak so I had not thought about that!

Same here. He'll take down a fully grown hornworm, no problem. Small roach, no problem. Big roach, panic mode. Go figure. Who knows what sets them off like that...

Same here. He'll take down a fully grown hornworm, no problem. Small roach, no problem. Big roach, panic mode. Go figure. Who knows what sets them off like that...
True! Well thanks for sharing that because I really had not thought about that being the issue. They were smaller the last time he ate them. Today I was trying to feed him two bigger ones so they would not get too big for him on Friday.

Reactions: iMi
So I got Beman some silkworms he had 2 skipping a day in between. So today was his feeding day. I held up the silk worm and he freaked out puffed up, pancaked, started dancing around getting all huge, and showed the most amazing coloring I have ever seen on him. So I put it back in its container he calmed down and came to me... Then I tried again because I thought well there is no way that it was the silk worm he was freaking out about because he loved them the day before. NOPE I was wrong he did it again. Was the funniest thing I had ever seen him do. So here is the pic of him with his "I said NO silk worm mom" colors lol.
View attachment 224438
WOW! Look at him! Just like a teenager, lol! They act one way then completely opposite the next!

My boy wants nothing to do with dubias either. I've never tried silkworms, though. He loves horn worms and super worms.

Right! I was so impressed by his colors! Cracked me up completely once I stopped panicking that I broke him somehow lol
LoL you crack me up. I might have panicked and thought I broke my boy too if he wasn't already so fired up everytime I open his enclosure. And boy can he ever move fast. He usually hides though. I'm glad he hasn't tried intimidating me yet. I just don't make eye contact. :p

LoL you crack me up. I might have panicked and thought I broke my boy too if he wasn't already so fired up everytime I open his enclosure. And boy can he ever move fast. He usually hides though. I'm glad he hasn't tried intimidating me yet. I just don't make eye contact. :p
LOL no I really thought I broke him somehow. Like he has neverrrrrrr done that with me. My mom emotions came flooding out I rapid fire sent Matt a text to find out if he had ever heard of such a thing. He was awesome and calmed me down. I wish so much Beman could just talk and tell me like hey mom that worm is too big it looks like its going to eat me or its staring at me funny mom take it away! I am praying for the power of telepathy with him :p

Back
Top Bottom