Silk Worm Freak out!!!

Beman has nice coloring! They look so big when they fire up!! One of my males will jam to the cage door when he sees me and fires up and stares at me lol. He will be a breeder
Thank you! Yeah I had only seen him get the dots one other time when he was basking but it was when he was like 6 months old and none of the coloring was showing like this. Totally amazing to see him change within seconds. They really are mind blowing animals. I didn't know you were gonna breed that is so cool. :)

My veiled will puff up a bit if I walk up to his cage too fast but then goes to the door trying to get out so I'll put him on his free range spot.

Well he and Merlin take turns because if I take Merlin out Camulus gets jealous and starts climbing on the door. He doesn't see him when I take him out but it's like he knows. Haha.

My veiled will puff up a bit if I walk up to his cage too fast but then goes to the door trying to get out so I'll put him on his free range spot.

Well he and Merlin take turns because if I take Merlin out Camulus gets jealous and starts climbing on the door. He doesn't see him when I take him out but it's like he knows. Haha.
You bring up something I am curious about. I have been thinking a lot about getting one of @Matt Vanilla Gorilla little Nosy Be babies. I am hesitant to do it not due to the expense of a second set up but because Beman loves attention. And as you mentioned it is like yours knows that Merlin is out. I know in other animals they can produce pheromones. Have you come across anything with Chameleons doing this?

You bring up something I am curious about. I have been thinking a lot about getting one of @Matt Vanilla Gorilla little Nosy Be babies. I am hesitant to do it not due to the expense of a second set up but because Beman loves attention. And as you mentioned it is like yours knows that Merlin is out. I know in other animals they can produce pheromones. Have you come across anything with Chameleons doing this?

I talked to Matt about that with regards to my female panther I got. From what I can tell they have no knowledge of each other unless they see each other. The strange thing is with a Nosy be the color is light green or blue which can look similar to a receptive female veiled I guess. Camulus doesn't move aggressively towards Merlin when he sees him and I think he wants to mate. I never let them get close enough to find out his intentions and I try everything to make sure they don't see each other. I really think the response from Camulus I spoke about before is just because he sees me at his cage so he has a chance to go play.

The only challenge with Bemen wanting to come out is that you will feel bad when holding one or the other. This can be ok if you have someone in the house that wants to hold one. My wife and daughter love Merlin so they will hold him while I spend time with Camulus or Amelia. They get spooked by Camulus' posturing so they don't want to hold him add to it his claws are sharper. Amelia is one that trust must be earned and she only let's me hold her right now.

I talked to Matt about that with regards to my female panther I got. From what I can tell they have no knowledge of each other unless they see each other. The strange thing is with a Nosy be the color is light green or blue which can look similar to a receptive female veiled I guess. Camulus doesn't move aggressively towards Merlin when he sees him and I think he wants to mate. I never let them get close enough to find out his intentions and I try everything to make sure they don't see each other. I really think the response from Camulus I spoke about before is just because he sees me at his cage so he has a chance to go play.

The only challenge with Bemen wanting to come out is that you will feel bad when holding one or the other. This can be ok if you have someone in the house that wants to hold one. My wife and daughter love Merlin so they will hold him while I spend time with Camulus or Amelia. They get spooked by Camulus' posturing so they don't want to hold him add to it his claws are sharper. Amelia is one that trust must be earned and she only let's me hold her right now.
Thank you for that. Yes, I am still weighing it all out. I could position them to never see each other and to not see each other on the play area. I am just trying to gauge Beman's desire to be out with me still. I keep thinking he is going to enjoy his new enclosure more than wanting to hang out with me but that has not been the case. I do not want to take away from Beman either. So I am very carefully thinking about this and may very well need to wait and let Beman live a full and happy life being the solo king of the house and my heart lol. I feel I was very blessed to find such a friendly Veiled. It does seem quite rare that they enjoy their human servants :p

Thank you for that. Yes, I am still weighing it all out. I could position them to never see each other and to not see each other on the play area. I am just trying to gauge Beman's desire to be out with me still. I keep thinking he is going to enjoy his new enclosure more than wanting to hang out with me but that has not been the case. I do not want to take away from Beman either. So I am very carefully thinking about this and may very well need to wait and let Beman live a full and happy life being the solo king of the house and my heart lol. I feel I was very blessed to find such a friendly Veiled. It does seem quite rare that they enjoy their human servants :p

I have them right next to each other and they are fine. Honestly the panther will probably be ok with being in the cage. Bemen may be like Camulus once you get the new cage going in that he doesn't ask to come out nearly as much. Mainly mornings for some reason. I personally wanted to experience different species and love how different they are. With this forum by your side you can do it. I never pictured having 3 and growing. Haha. I still look into a 3rd species but since I got Amelia I won't be getting another one for a while. I should stop hanging out with @Matt Vanilla Gorilla, he is a good/bad influence. JK. Love you Matt!

I have them right next to each other and they are fine. Honestly the panther will probably be ok with being in the cage. Bemen may be like Camulus once you get the new cage going in that he doesn't ask to come out nearly as much. Mainly mornings for some reason. I personally wanted to experience different species and love how different they are. With this forum by your side you can do it. I never pictured having 3 and growing. Haha. I still look into a 3rd species but since I got Amelia I won't be getting another one for a while. I should stop hanging out with @Matt Vanilla Gorilla, he is a good/bad influence. JK. Love you Matt!
Thank you for your feedback. Every bit really helps. Yeah that is what I am wanting to experience another species. I am now hooked on their husbandry and the desire of learning more. I would love to have a different species and I would only get one from Matt and his wife. Matt has helped me and been so kind. I am kinda in love with the Nosy Be's I think they are so beautiful. So I am thinking a lot about it since he posted the pic on his FB page of the new babies. We move to a larger townhouse with a little yard on the 9th so I will see what kind of room I will have at that point. At least having two if one decides not to eat a feeder anymore I have a better chance of still feeding them instead of having pet Dubia's :p I already have all the basics in place and am also considering getting a mini fridge to store my Cham stuff lol It is kinda taking over the fridge now.

Haha. Cham stuff took over half my beer fridge in the garage. Merlin's personality is amazing so any baby from Yskoud is a good choice in my opinion. Just talk to Matt and he will let you know the time frame on them. It definitely takes up more time on cleaning day and getting feeders but I wouldn't change it.

Haha. Cham stuff took over half my beer fridge in the garage. Merlin's personality is amazing so any baby from Yskoud is a good choice in my opinion. Just talk to Matt and he will let you know the time frame on them. It definitely takes up more time on cleaning day and getting feeders but I wouldn't change it.
Your Merlin kinda got me on this path lol. But I am definitely strongly considering it. Just worried since I am so new to the hobby that I may be jumping in too quickly to having two. But then I realize I am doing everything right with Beman so it may not be too fast. I dunno I am overthinking the whole thing. LOL

No your not overthinking. Your being smart. I got Camulus in July of last year. Then got Merlin in October and Amelia in November. Not saying this is a good example but it's doable with a responsible owner like yourself. Any insight or help I can provide let me know.

I am happy to announce that Beman took 2 silkworms today with his assortment of feeders without having a meltdown. He prefers them to not be handfed and in a little cup 1 at a time, separate from the BSFL, crickets, and superworms. Not spoiled at all he just likes everything to be a certain way. LOL

Back
Top Bottom