Silk Worm Freak out!!!

I am happy to announce that Beman took 2 silkworms today with his assortment of feeders without having a meltdown. He prefers them to not be handfed and in a little cup 1 at a time, separate from the BSFL, crickets, and superworms. Not spoiled at all he just likes everything to be a certain way. LOL
:LOL: silly boy! Hehe

:LOL: silly boy! Hehe
He totally is. I was trying to get him to come out to me so I could get a weight on him before I fed him and he didn’t want to so I tried again and this time said to him... mom really needs to weigh you before breakfast can you just come out... and no kidding he came right out!!!! Not that he can hear me but it was soooo cute!

So I got Beman some silkworms he had 2 skipping a day in between. So today was his feeding day. I held up the silk worm and he freaked out puffed up, pancaked, started dancing around getting all huge, and showed the most amazing coloring I have ever seen on him. So I put it back in its container he calmed down and came to me... Then I tried again because I thought well there is no way that it was the silk worm he was freaking out about because he loved them the day before. NOPE I was wrong he did it again. Was the funniest thing I had ever seen him do. So here is the pic of him with his "I said NO silk worm mom" colors lol.
View attachment 224438
I love the little karate hand!

Yeah I got a weirdo here. He has never really minded me at all. He is pretty spoiled but he does not act like the typical Veiled at all. Very laid back and friendly.

My little charlie is the same way. Open the cage when I get home to give him a treat and I can literally SEE him thinking. *looks at worm... looks at door... looks ar worm...MAKES A BREAK FOR THE DOOR!* Take me to tree, woman!!

Then when he is out he wants the worm too. Lol

My little charlie is the same way. Open the cage when I get home to give him a treat and I can literally SEE him thinking. *looks at worm... looks at door... looks ar worm...MAKES A BREAK FOR THE DOOR!* Take me to tree, woman!!

Then when he is out he wants the worm too. Lol
They are soooo funny! love the take me to the tree, woman!

Sometimes he literally points to it like a pointer dog. Tail poker straight, front mit pointing like an arrow to where he wants to go. These little guys are so fascinating and have big personalities.
Yes, they really are fascinating. I love that every day is different with him. He makes me laugh and brings me such joy. If you would have asked me a year ago if I thought a reptile would be a good pet for me I would have said no. After getting Beman he is far more entertaining then any mammal I have had prior. For sure the highlight of my day!

Back
Top Bottom