siliworms you should NEVER feed

laurie

Retired Moderator
Here are silkworms I recieved today via UPS. They were mailed 2/1/11 for 2 day delivery on 2/3/11. Today is 2/7/11 and they just arrived. This is a lovely picture of frozen, thawed, frozen, etc. silkworms.I do not recommend feeding these silkworms to your chameleons.

5426320491_1f421d6110_b.jpg

5426320121_33013ca7aa.jpg

Looks pretty tasty to me! ;) what's worse is when they turn into nasty mush in the summer during transit! It looks like bird poop, wormy, snotty, slimey stuff. :eek:

ok, so i have to ask cause i can't read the entire website on the container....

where did you get those from? that's disgusting!

send em to me, I'll eat them in a smoothie, record it, and do something like pay per view. ;)

Here is the best part, these worms were packed in a box within a box, completely insulated with 4 heat packs. We did everything possible to get them here alive. But UPS sure can screw things up. Now comes seeing if we can get the shipping money back. They kept saying they couldn't move them any faster due to weather.

Where'd you get them from? I got mine from Mulberry Farms and i believe save for 2-3 casualties between both boxes, mine came very healthy. One of them was already a cocoon too, couldnt tell if it was misplaced Styrofoam or what lol

Where'd you get them from? I got mine from Mulberry Farms and i believe save for 2-3 casualties between both boxes, mine came very healthy. One of them was already a cocoon too, couldnt tell if it was misplaced Styrofoam or what lol

The problem was my temps were down to -26. that is not a good silkworm temp.

ahhhh the smell!!!! I hate rotten worms... I had a package shipped back to me, this box contained 250 large silkies, each around 2 inches... the box was sent back to me because the weight wasn't exact.. not sure how that happened other than the scale was off...? anyways, the container was BLACK inside... the ice pack was melted.. the worms literally were 90% dried, rotted, smelly, sticky goo that was once liquid lol.. uugh the smell is imbedded into my nose's senses lol

Back
Top Bottom