signs of a healthy veiled?

Rob G

been thinking that a lot of the information on here is what to look for in sick chams, giving little on what a healthy, strong one looks and acts like. i'm very interested in this and any solid input that you have would be greatly appreciated both by me and my cold-blooded friend.

IMO you'd look for nice straight legs, good color, eats well and has a large variety of feeders. I'd also look at the eyes, feet and over all size and age of the chameleon. Check the poop too.

here of some pictures she is 1 1/2 yrs old, has laid one clutch of unfertilized eggs last november, and previously had a respiratory infection that was resolved [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 543
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 627
I got this info from my vet. He is awesome, and I copy this brochure and give it to anyone I know who is thinking about getting a Veiled Cham. But anyway, here is the section on it about what to look for in a health Veiled!

"Eyes need to be open and clear. Mouth should be free of excessive mucus. Tongue retracted fully within the mouth. No missing toe-nails or toe swelling. Good foot grip strength. Skin clean with no excessive accumulation of shed. Tail curl with strength. Chameleon should be active and alert."

Hope this helps :)

here of some pictures she is 1 1/2 yrs old, has laid one clutch of unfertilized eggs last november, and previously had a respiratory infection that was resolved [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

What is the plant in her cage that she is clinging to? I like it... and may try to find one...

Back
Top Bottom