Sid had a stroke and Jr is still bleeding

Update

Thank you to all that commented for your continued support with my pets.

Dr. Mader thinks Jr is on the mend. After doing bloodwork his level was up since the bloodwork on Friday so he thinks this is old blood that we are seeing. He said everything had healed up and he could no longer see a polop on his colon. From the way I described the thick gooey blood, he believes it was old blood and said if it was fresh blood his blood level would not be up. He thinks Jr will be ok. I'm to keep him on the vitamin K for awhile.

He thinks I am going to loose Sid. I am so upset about this. At the moment Sid is looking better and has a little grip but still opening his mouth some and sticking out his tongue a little which is a very bad sign. His xray and bloodwork from yesterday when compared to the ones from Dec. he showed me how everything is getting worse. You can not imagine how bad I feel about this. He told me to up Sid's Prednisolone to twice a day and they compounded him some pepcid.

Oh Jann, so sorry to hear that about Sid :( but glad there was at least some good news from the vet on Jr - I will keep you and your little guys in my thoughts and prayes

Jann,,, im glad to hear the good news for Jr. and sorry to hear that Sid is on the decline.... he is such a sweetie and stole Richards heart when we were down there!
God and everyone on CF knows what lengths you ahve gone to for your guys.. they could have had no better care or love!!!!

post #12 by deadhd5 says it all!!!!!! :)

we just have to realize how blessed we are to be able to know and care for them,, however short,, it is well worth it!!!!

thinking and praying for you, your family and your guys!!!

Jann, as you already know, you must treasure every second you have with your boys. Sorry to hear about Sid. :( I wish the news was better. Glad to hear Jr. is on the mend and doing O.K. He has such a great Mommy to take care of him and couldn't be in a better home! ;) Thanks for the update. :)

Update

Sid is still with me. He looks better color wise and his eyes are not sunk in but he's still opening his mouth some and sticking out his tongue. He has a little bit of a grip. I'm going to try to give him a few days/weeks of as much of a normal life as possible until I have to let him go. He's outside right now with the other guys getting some sun and had a nice mist and drip. He's just sitting on his catch net instead of the branches.

I'm almost afraid to say it but Jr had a big normal poop yesterday with no blood. I sure hope he is going to be ok.

Here's a cell phone picture of Sid from this morning.

Sid4613_zps1819dae9.jpg

I'm sad to hear this about Sid :( as Deca said, treasure every moment with him as you are today! I'm glad you have a chance to spend this time with him before you have to let him go, that is something to be very thankful for!

I am also glad to hear that Jr seems to be doing ok as of right now :) i hope he keeps on the mend!

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers!

Glad to see the Florida weather is cooperating! :D Sid looks very handsome and I'm glad he's getting some rays today! :)

Aww, its nice to see Sid enjoying some warm spring sunrays :) He is so lucky to have you :)

Keeping my fingers crossed over here that Jr's progress continues!

Back
Top Bottom