sickly need help

reptileguy

I've been reading on here and souds like my cham but a little different. He has been sleeping a lot during the day. He still has his colors, but lathargic. He also has 2 bulges by his tail. One on either side. He also has not been eating at all.

Seeing a Vet. would be best thing, if a animal is not eating, and sleeping during the day.
I've been reading on here and souds like my cham but a little different. He has been sleeping a lot during the day. He still has his colors, but lathargic. He also has 2 bulges by his tail. One on either side. He also has not been eating at all.

Are you sure your chameleon is male and not female? It's just that you mention bulges above the back legs - are they like jellybean sized lumps? If so, could be eggs (if your cham is indeed a female). I think maybe pics of the bulges might help other people who are more experienced than me to help you. I would agree with a vets visit too.

Need more info....

Please do take Royden's suggestion and use the link that shows you how to ask for help. I took a quick look at your gallery and it looks like this guy is being kept in an Exo-Terra terrarium set up with a water fall feature. That set up in itself is not suitable for your boy. He needs more air circulation than that cage allows.

I don't use that terrarium anymore. I built a cage awhile ago, but couldn't get the pics to upload for me. I took him to the vet yesterday, which I think was a waste of my time and money. They told me to get the heat up and he will be fine. Sorry to say that he ended up dying this afternoon. I felt so bad for him, because by the time I got some stuff to try, he just went.

Unfortunately, most vets, if they do not specialize in exotics, are a waste. We do not have one locally here.
I thought the same thing when you said Bulges, I instantly thought of a female being eggbound. Check to see if there are spurs on the backs of the feet. Im sure you can search male or female cham or how to distinguish on the site.

Best of luck!

Crap, I just read the last sentence.
Im sorry for your loss.:(

Last edited:
He was definitely a male. I bred him with my female a few months ago. The vet said it was his hip bones b/c he lost so much weight. He was at 100 grams

Back
Top Bottom