Sick / spasm with video

Looks like crap at the moment as I’m in emergency mode and testing parameters.

Added window seal last night to up humidity.

Y’all might wonder why the male as such a bigger cage, well it plan was to build two but the design had so many flaws with misting and cricket escape I just went old school for the second one and will add a third module when she gets bigger.

Also, there much more foliage on the left side but I removed so I can monitor with webcam.
I´ve just noticed something which could be influencing them, red lights are in principle a no-go as far as I know.
Colored lights are really bad for chameleons eyes and maybe in this case they trigger a kind epileptic insult (even people can get an epileptic insult from certain lights). Just thinking out loud.........

I actually just put those in to up the heat a little. I wasn’t aware of this, these are “night lights”, you can stare right into them. But at this point il do anything so I will change them.

This morning she is physically getting stronger and stronger but she seems to have gone blind. Il be cutting my work day short so I can feed her 3x carnivore diet.

Fogger is now off during day.

I would recommend not having any heat lamps on your Parsons and you definitely don’t want the fogger and a heat lamp like that on at the same time. It looks like that one cage is almost completely covered with plastic. You need air flow! I would have a fan in the room circulating air.

I will also say you chameleon looks pretty healthy otherwise. I personally think injecting fluids and force feeding isn’t necessary and adding additional stress. Parsons can literally go months with out eating. Once you get her respiratory issue under control she will start eating.

Last edited:
First of all, I just want to say thank you to everyone for the input ❤️

Yeah I will remove the Red lamps tommorow, but I need something to heat up cause main room temps are 20c (70f)

The current set up gives 28c on top and 25c mid cage which is spot on no?

The back and right side of the cage has no plastic and I have a powerfull oversized hepa filter blowing air around the room. I need the plastic or I can’t go passed 55-60, even at night.

You don’t find the fact it’s acting like its blind alarming? I can’t find much info on chameleon blindness exect vitamin A deficiency or kidney failure so I’m a little freaked out by it.

First of all, I just want to say thank you to everyone for the input ❤️

Yeah I will remove the Red lamps tommorow, but I need something to heat up cause main room temps are 20c (70f)

The current set up gives 28c on top and 25c mid cage which is spot on no?

The back and right side of the cage has no plastic and I have a powerfull oversized hepa filter blowing air around the room. I need the plastic or I can’t go passed 55-60, even at night.

You don’t find the fact it’s acting like its blind alarming? I can’t find much info on chameleon blindness exect vitamin A deficiency or kidney failure so I’m a little freaked out by it.
I’ve seen parson’s act that way when they are ill. I totally know what you are talking about. I recently had a female that had RI and she was doing the same kind of thing where it seemed like she was going blind. Once I switched from Ceftazidime to Baytril she snapped out of it quickly. I normally use baytril for RI but is was trying the Ceftazidime again to see it’s effects on RI. Ceftazidime is a good drug and it works very well for stomatitis (mouth infections) with parsons but not so much with RI.

Great! I’m going to replace carnivore diet with bug juice.

I’m in a bad spot, emergency vet wants me to drive down there (2 hours) again with the Chameleon, so she can prescribe the baytril and I can’t right now.

I have to speak To the vet and apparently she’s to busy to call me back (48 hours now). So only way to see her Is do the emergency lineup again. This place is HuGe. It’s the main emergency vet in all of Quebec. Money making machine. 300$ per visit, I ok for the money I would transfer it to them. It’s just impossible to speak with her by phone.

Besides the blindness and apparent confusion of where she is in space, she seems better. Her feet are getting more and more powerfull.

Last edited:
Well I drove out there with her again and got the stuff. Hopefully this works poor thing needs a break.

0.02ml twice a day

B3F6A954-6863-4C6E-B763-FEDD196766F7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom