Sick Mellers chameleon

Well, the vet says he has a mouth infection! I have to give him antibiotics for a week and if he doesn't perk up I gotta bring him back! The vet said the fact that he is still strong and active is a good sign! Also, the vet did not probe but he said he's fairly certain Soloman is a he!

I was wrong about the bulb, it's actually a 70 watt. We have looked into misters but have troubles finding them around here. Also, I meant that I spray for 20min each of the three times I spray, plus the humidifier going 24/7 and the dripper going all day! Mister would definately be easier though!

Thanks everyone for all your help! I will keep you posted on his recovery!

What is he basing the mouth infection on? Did s/he clean out any areas where the infection is showing? Did he do a culture and sensitivity test on it?

4oz. nolvadent solution with 5mg/ml suspension of baytril? I got to give it orally once a day.

According to the Melleri discovery, this shouldn't be given more than 2weeks and he is only getting it one. I gotta watch his appetite and make sure he drinks a lot of water! If I notice any issues, i'm going to stop giving it to him asap!

He did do a culture and a sensitivity test also.

Good to hear that a culture and sensitivity test was done!
Do be sure to keep the chameleon well hydrated! Most antibiotics are hard on the kidneys.

Yeah, that's what I have read! We are going to be on the watering like no one's business! Hopefully his mouth will feel better enough to atleast drink thoroughly!

Back
Top Bottom