sick jack russell :(

mardithepanther

My 7 year old jack russell terrier is sick:'( he is shaking, skiddish, and very tired. He also has a fever and diahrea:( my mom and I both had the floo but I dont know if it can get passed to dogs. Im gonna do some research on it. I hope we dont have to take him to the vet....we are keeping him hydrated and very comfortable(like he wasnt comfortable enough that spoiled little ungrateful....).

If this has been happening more than ONE day then you need to take him to the vet immediately. I'm in vet school, so you should take the advice because we are trained for this kind of thing. Diarrhea is not that big of a concern by itself, but coupled with lethargy and fever means your dog is very sick! Dogs can't get human influenza strains. Take him to the vet.

ok heres the update.....I am currently not home and my mom freaked me out with all of this. I did more research and I couldnt find all of the symptoms my Lucky was having. The closest think was that he injested anti freeze. I dont think I have anti freeze in my house. So I was looking up vets and I found one in L.A. I called my mom to tell her about the vet today and she said he was fine. pooped fine not skidish or hot or anything. I think my mom just got scared from the diarrhea and started thinking things were wrong with him....

I did more research and I couldnt find all of the symptoms my Lucky was having. The closest think was that he injested anti freeze. I dont think I have anti freeze in my house.

I'm so glad I'm wasting 4 years of my life on my very expensive, thorough medical training because you have google. Btw, antifreeze ingestion doesn't fit your dog's symptoms at all. Hope your dog feels better.

I'm so glad I'm wasting 4 years of my life on my very expensive, thorough medical training because you have google. Btw, antifreeze ingestion doesn't fit your dog's symptoms at all. Hope your dog feels better.

Im home now. He is totally fine. If it would have been for more than a day I would have told my mom to take him to the vet. He is caught up on his shots too.

Glad your pup seems to have recovered, though I must point out, had the dog ingested a bait or other poison,or been bitten by a snake, 'more than a day' could have been far too long and you would now be burying it.
Is hesitation worth saving money?

I recently had a cat that died within 24 hours of eating an unknown substance. ( most likely a flower) but you never know what is in your house. SOLAR POWER ANYTHING HAS ANTIFREEZE IN IT!! that is something in almost every house that we dont think of as dangerous! get the solar power out!! GET A VETS ADVISE!! without knowing what is wrong a vet can help you find what it may be and figure out if there is a possible cure or not!! every hour counts dont wait get medical help!!

ok heres the update.....I am currently not home and my mom freaked me out with all of this. I did more research and I couldnt find all of the symptoms my Lucky was having. The closest think was that he injested anti freeze. I dont think I have anti freeze in my house. So I was looking up vets and I found one in L.A. I called my mom to tell her about the vet today and she said he was fine. pooped fine not skidish or hot or anything. I think my mom just got scared from the diarrhea and started thinking things were wrong with him....

If your dog ate antifreeze it'd be dead a long time ago

is it only 4 years in texas to train to be a vet? Hell im moving there! I need to look into studying abroad actually - might be cheaper than here :eek:

I recently had a cat that died within 24 hours of eating an unknown substance. ( most likely a flower) but you never know what is in your house. SOLAR POWER ANYTHING HAS ANTIFREEZE IN IT!! that is something in almost every house that we dont think of as dangerous! get the solar power out!! GET A VETS ADVISE!! without knowing what is wrong a vet can help you find what it may be and figure out if there is a possible cure or not!! every hour counts dont wait get medical help!!

Sorry about your cat :(

in my experience, cats seem to have this thing about eating lillies which are highly toxic - stoopid cats

Back
Top Bottom