Be at peace now, my sweet Angel Jack

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
This evening while on the way home from the vet, my sweet and beautiful Jack peacefully slipped away. He was approximately 4.5 - 5 years old. I had hoped he’d be with me for longer, but it wasn’t to be.
Jack had been failing gradually just a couple of weeks after Hammlet’s passing. While labs had just been drawn and the results won’t be back until tomorrow, I suspect kidney failure. Over the past couple of days he took a drastic decline which seemed to go even faster today. My only consolation is that he is no longer suffering and is at peace. I am beyond heartbroken.
All of my chameleons are very special to me in their own unique way. Jack came to me when a young man needed to rehome him. Jack was the first panther chameleon that I had seen up close in person and I instantly fell in love with his beauty. As we got to know each other, I completely fell in love with how friendly and sweet he was. I’ll never know why, but he wanted to be held and every time I sat on the floor in front of his enclosure, he would do everything he could to reach me. He trapped himself between his root pouch too many times and even kept scraping his head ridges and caused some scars there. Trying to feed him was always a challenge. He’d run to me and climb on my hands as I was trying to put his feeders in, even crawling right over the little cup the feeders were in. How many times did I look for something wrong with his enclosure and found nothing. He just wanted to sit on my hand and look at me. I know chameleons lack the ability to love, but Jack seemed to have some odd fondness for me. He was beautiful in body and soul and I adored him beyond words. I hope I gave him the life he deserved.
IMG_4242.jpeg
IMG_4166.jpeg
IMG_4217.jpeg
IMG_4092.jpeg
IMG_3754.jpeg
IMG_3755.jpeg
IMG_4089.jpeg
IMG_4038.jpeg

R.I.P. beautiful Jack 🙏🏻 You had a wonderful long life with your cham mommy. Now it’s time to enjoy your hornworms together with Hammlet on your cloud trees and be both a bright star for mommy.

Vikki, I’m terrible sorry for your lost. You did everything you could for Jack and he had a perfect life with you, that‘s what he was showing you 💚

Love You Hug GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Jack was such a sweet boy. I am sorry for your loss. I know how much you love your babies and I kown the hurt and pain from losing them. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sleep tight handsome boy. 💔

You definitely gave him the life, care, and love he deserved. So sorry for your loss. Jack was a bright, special boy. ♥️

I’m sure Jack had the best life any chameleon could have had. Still sad that they have such short lives and tear our hearts out when they go. You have lots of memories of him and can still keep him in your heart.
Hugs and love to you. RIP Jack.❤️

I'm sorry to hear the bad news about Jack. He was a beauty for sure and you gave him a good life. Thank you for sharing with us :(

Thank you all for your love and support. I just love this community so much. 💗
I did get Jack’s lab results and it was kidney failure that took him.
That should give you some peace of mind that you could not have prevented it. Such a personable boy and gorgeous as well I know how badly this must hurt. You are in everyone's thoughts in your grief

Back
Top Bottom