Sick chameleon; HELP

You asked..."For the liquid calcium do I put it in Marcus mouth or do I do droplets onto the crickets?"...the liquid calcium that you need to correct the MBD will be given in his mouth....but you have to be very very careful not to get any into his lungs...just ease a little in at a time....don't squirt it in.....it's syrupy and they don't like it much. You want to give him time to swallow. It's calcium gluonate and you will have to get it from a vet.

The liquid calcium you show in the left photo I wouldn't use at all.

The Herptivite is ok to dust on the insects lightly twice a month...but as I told you...it has beta carotene (prOformed vitamin A) in it and it's thought that chameleons need prEformed vitamin A....so you would have to give it separately....or buy a different powder. You still need phos free calcium and phos free calcium/D3 powders.

You can cut back on the number of crickets slowly so you soon will only be giving him 4 or so every other day.

So you have 2 major problems here.. You keep them all together and that is a big no. They need all separate enclosures.. If you don’t have room for 3 enclosures you need to get 2 of them out and give them to someone else.. Second problem is that at least one of them has MBD. You need to get the light. About the question to get them out on sun- Healthy chameleons can go out and be on direct sun for hours and they will get the UV from it, but your chameleon already has MBD and if you leave him out you cant know if he is on direct sun or hiding and you will nit be able ti help him like that. And I guess you dont plan on holding him on hand for 4 hours on direct sun..

Can you post pictures of every cham of yours? To see if they all have MBD or just one or two. And to see their genders. If you keep females and males it is possible that they mated..

@Sassykasy3 If your dad will not buy a proper UVB bulb or get any of your chameleon’s vet treatment, I would give them to a reputable rescue or someone with chameleon experience that can take care of and afford them. A proper set-up for one chameleon is usually a minimum of $500-800. So at the bare minimum, you/your dad will need to spend at least $1,500 for proper cages, not including vet care. The vet care will be very expensive too because at least 2 of your 3 chameleons has bad metabolic bone disease. It sucks to say it, but never get an animal you can’t afford

Last edited:
Proper UVB for them is T5HO fixture and a 5.0 or 6% T5 bulb. placed on top of the cage with the basking branch 8-9 inches below. Each chameleon needs their own fixture as they should be housed separately and so they can not see each other.

Please please please know that we only want what is best for the chameleons, if you dont get the proper uvb and other things then they will die, there is no way around that.
I really reccomend giving them to a rescue like @ERKleRose said above.

So you have 2 major problems here.. You keep them all together and that is a big no. They need all separate enclosures.. If you don’t have room for 3 enclosures you need to get 2 of them out and give them to someone else.. Second problem is that at least one of them has MBD. You need to get the light. About the question to get them out on sun- Healthy chameleons can go out and be on direct sun for hours and they will get the UV from it, but your chameleon already has MBD and if you leave him out you cant know if he is on direct sun or hiding and you will nit be able ti help him like that. And I guess you dont plan on holding him on hand for 4 hours on direct sun..

Can you post pictures of every cham of yours? To see if they all have MBD or just one or two. And to see their genders. If you keep females and males it is possible that they mated..

image.jpg

Left is Marcus right is lisa, is it okay if I have the girls together ? And the boy separate I just purchased a cage as well. Does he need medical treatment? What are liquids you recommend?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 69
Which type? And did you get one for each chameleon? How about a vet appointment?
What supplements do I use no one is really clear on that ? I purchased the 5.0 T5 bulb. I need photos of the stuff you use if you can. I have someone going to get it today and now I’m grabbing the wrong stuff ?

Attachments

• 62AB5531-7AFF-41F4-93C3-A7887F5C46D8.png
    62AB5531-7AFF-41F4-93C3-A7887F5C46D8.png
    874.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DD528EED-F010-4CEC-A6CD-16ADA59B5B95.png
    DD528EED-F010-4CEC-A6CD-16ADA59B5B95.png
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 68
  • CA154D7D-2F95-4CCD-9007-F030ACF2268E.png
    CA154D7D-2F95-4CCD-9007-F030ACF2268E.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 71766B3B-3C04-42A4-9148-7301AE25E164.png
    71766B3B-3C04-42A4-9148-7301AE25E164.png
    876.3 KB · Views: 58
View attachment 301081
Left is Marcus right is lisa, is it okay if I have the girls together ? And the boy separate I just purchased a cage as well. Does he need medical treatment? What are liquids you recommend?
All three chams ech need their own cages, none housed together! They alsno cshould not be able to see each other. Yes, probably all 3 need medical treatment. That chameleon looks really gravid (full of eggs). With her MBD, probably only a vet will be able to help her pass them, hopefully.

All three chams ech need their own cages, none housed together! They alsno cshould not be able to see each other. Yes, probably all 3 need medical treatment. That chameleon looks really gravid (full of eggs). With her MBD, probably only a vet will be able to help her pass them, hopefully.
Should I be setting stuff for eggs ?

What supplements do I use no one is really clear on that ? I purchased the 5.0 T5 bulb. I need photos of the stuff you use if you can. I have someone going to get it today and now I’m grabbing the wrong stuff ?
The liquid calcium would be Fluker's but you really need a vet! Awesome! Did you get one for all of your chams? You'll need at least one digital thermometer with a probe (with the probe placed where the top of your cham's back is when he/she is on his/her basking branch) and at least one digital thermometer/hygrometer combo placed in the middle of the cage (or lower). For supplements, you'll use Zoo Med ReptiCalcium Without D3 every feeding, except for one feeding per week, where you'll alternate between Zoo Med ReptiCalcium With D3 and Zoo Med Reptivite Without D3 so that each of the latter two supplements are each used once every two weeks.
Should I be setting stuff for eggs ?
It's most likely too late at this point, but I'll attach a lay bin chart:

Attachments

• 42F4F72A-AE9E-4D6D-AD10-82D1097BF5BE.jpeg
    42F4F72A-AE9E-4D6D-AD10-82D1097BF5BE.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 56
So use this supplement every feeding: https://zoomed.com/repti-calcium-without-d3/
This one once every two weeks: https://zoomed.com/repti-calcium-with-d3/
And this one once every two weeks as well (on the alternating weeks with the one above): https://zoomed.com/reptivite-without-d3/
Liquid Calcium: https://flukerfarms.com/flukers-liquid-calcium/
Digital Thermometer With Probe: https://zoomed.com/digital-thermometer/
Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer Combo: https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Temper...ometer+hygrometer+combo&qid=1621021255&sr=8-6

Back
Top Bottom