Showers instead of misting?

MyChameleonIsBro

Some days I can't get home from work and classes and I don't have time to mist him until the night. Every time that happens I put him in his cage in the shower and turn the shower head towards the wall so it mists down. It's usually for like ten to twenty minutes. He seems to really enjoy it. I can't afford a misting machine so I've been doing it by hand since he was three months and now he's nine months.

Does showers substitute for misting him?
Should this only happen on occasion or can this be a regular thing?

Showers are not a substitute for misting.
Misting isn't only a means for hydration but also humidity within the enclosure.
Showering can be done frequently.

If I were you, I would atleast try and save for an automatic misting system.

I'll try to make a dripper. What would you say is the best youtube link for making one? I tried once before with a gatorade bottle and it sucked.

I'll try to make a dripper. What would you say is the best youtube link for making one? I tried once before with a gatorade bottle and it sucked.
you can get a dripper from a pet store, its called the little or big dripper, and its cheap, like 10-20 bucks.

Don't know about any YouTube videos, but just get a large plastic cup and poke a small hole through it from the inside out. It will do the trick. Just add water to see how many drops you get.

I use a mister that r hooked up to their cages and then occasionally I use a container with a small hole in the bottom and then fill it with ice so it slowly drips and doesn't run out as fast as it would if u just filled it with water.

Some days I can't get home from work and classes and I don't have time to mist him until the night. Every time that happens I put him in his cage in the shower and turn the shower head towards the wall so it mists down. It's usually for like ten to twenty minutes. He seems to really enjoy it. I can't afford a misting machine so I've been doing it by hand since he was three months and now he's nine months.

Does showers substitute for misting him?
Should this only happen on occasion or can this be a regular thing?

Showers are good but it doesn't replace regular misting. If you only have 1 cham you can get a basic mistking for 99.00 and you will be glad you spent the money. It comes with an auto timer that you can set the misting schedule so his humidity stays constant through the day. Drainage is something you'l need to set up too with a mist system unless you like a wet floor.:)

Back
Top Bottom