Show me your enclosures :)

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Ok so I will be redoing Beman's enclosure this week and removing all the Michael's branches after the bug incident. Adding in all the natural branches that I fought mosquitoes and blue jays for.

But I would love to see your enclosures! Even though I create these great hides for Beman he still always seems to sleep in the oddest places... So maybe I am lacking in my cham creativity.

So be my muse and inspire me! Tell me the spots your chams seem to enjoy the most. :)

Last edited:
Ok so I will be redoing Beman's enclosure tomorrow and removing all the Michael's branches after the bug incident. Adding in all the natural branches that I fought mosquitoes and blue jays for.

But I would love to see your enclosures! Even though I create these great hides for Beman he still always seems to sleep in the oddest places... So maybe I am lacking in my cham creativity.

So be my muse and inspire me! Tell me the spots your chams seem to enjoy the most. :)
I'll post mine when I get home. Stuck at work atm

Ok so I will be redoing Beman's enclosure tomorrow and removing all the Michael's branches after the bug incident. Adding in all the natural branches that I fought mosquitoes and blue jays for.

I'll post mine when I get home. Stuck at work atm

I can tell you that Panthers are much like veileds but a little more curious. They tend to have 1 or 2 or 3 favorite branches rather than 1 like most veilds. They spend all day at top 1/3 only moving lower for hunting, shedding, and bedtime.
Yeah Beman spends most his time in the top third as well. Unless he wants out then he passes up and down in front of the door lol. But he goes down about 4 to get into sleeping position. He always seems to end up at the front of the enclosure lately like halfway hanging on to the pothos vine and half on a branch staring out the front. I created all these great places with the pothos and he does not hide lol.

C477C9BB-02DF-4F17-9BF1-5603EF37DC42.jpeg

2 year old bioactive enclosure with all live plants.

I just set this up for one of the panthers. The other panther’s similiar but I am going to redo it when we remake his stand. It needs to grow in a little and theres another plant coming this week that will add more foilage up top. In their old, densley planted enclosures they only sleep in the foilage, and otherwise prefer to be out in the open.

We are working on making all 4 enclosures similarly setup... although the veileds are in a 2x2x4 until fall, and then will go into a medium tall version of the clearside atrium.

My guys all prefer to be up top and out in the open regardless of its in outside, in the enclosures, or in the free range. They’ll wander all over but spend 80% of the time out in the open. So I set up the new enclosures to have half the cage open and half foilage.

3872AB30-7D72-4D9C-AF68-50D4CA5D2910.jpeg 089D2666-64D8-472F-A407-7593E2D2BC39.jpeg

Last edited:
Panthers like space, they are mostly from open, dryish(depending on season) forests. I liked having a lot of open lanes and basking spots with some spots for hiding throughout.
Ok I will keep this in mind for Bahari... Go up and look at my pic of Beman's cage... for some reason he never hangs out in the back to sleep always right up front. Or am I over thinking this James? lol

Back
Top Bottom