Show me your enclosures :)

I just set this up for one of the panthers. The other panther’s similiar but I am going to redo it when we remake his stand. It needs to grow in a little and theres another plant coming this week that will add more foilage up top. In their old, densley planted enclosures they only sleep in the foilage, and otherwise prefer to be out in the open.

We are working on making all 4 enclosures similarly setup... although the veileds are in a 2x2x4 until fall, and then will go into a medium tall version of the clearside atrium.

My guys all prefer to be up top and out in the open regardless of its in outside, in the enclosures, or in the free range. They’ll wander all over but spend 80% of the time out in the open. So I set up the new enclosures to have half the cage open and half foilage.

View attachment 236015View attachment 236016
Can I please have some of your branches... lol That is awesome. That is the large atrium right? Beman has the medium tall atrium.

Here’s Clarice’s althought we’re building her 2x2x6 stand right now so it will look more like the panthers.

7C71D65F-0A96-4A18-97BC-42275E85C5B9.jpeg

And here’s the other panther whos getting a make over (matching the other layout).

E4EEAEB6-326B-4BF5-A67F-A809637C7310.jpeg

Can I please have some of your branches... lol That is awesome. That is the large atrium right? Beman has the medium tall atrium.

Yes the large atrium. I’d love to get all 4 a large one but we dont have the space (or a sugar daddy lol). We just cut down a birch tree and I saved a pile of branches that I wanted to use in the enclosures. I have a big pile of branches out back!

Yes the large atrium. I’d love to get all 4 a large one but we dont have the space (or a sugar daddy lol). We just cut down a birch tree and I saved a pile of branches that I wanted to use in the enclosures. I have a big pile of branches out back!
Is it sad that I just looked to see where you lived to see if I could come pick them up from your pile lol

Lily's temporary enclosure! She spends 80% + of her day in the top 3rd of the enclosure, to the right in the morning while basking, and then towards left or front right when she's warm enough and/or looking for food. When she wants me to come over, I catch her in the front right staring at me intently and reaching one or both front legs in my direction, haha!

She her most frequent sleeping spot is behind/inside the fake plants (circled) in the upper left, but I've also caught her curled up for the night in the pothos on the right, close to/on her basking branch, or, occasionally, in the schefflera. She seems to switch up her sleeping spot every few days!

Lily emerging in the morning:

Pesto is asleep now, and I'm going to spend tomorrow trying to incorporate an orchid (though tbh in his small enclosure I doubt I have room.. his pothos is co completely taking over) so I'll take a picture for you tomorrow! But Pesto has 2 favorite sleeping spots. A bundle of fake leaves (because why would he use the live pothos) that has pretty thick cover, way up top of the enclosure, and that same bundle of fake leaves, but at the very bottom of them, hanging face down in to open air on the very last few leaves in the bundle. I dont think he will be able to pull that off much longer at the rate he is growing :ROFLMAO:

Lily's temporary enclosure! She spends 80% + of her day in the top 3rd of the enclosure, to the right in the morning while basking, and then towards left or front right when she's warm enough and/or looking for food. When she wants me to come over, I catch her in the front right staring at me intently and reaching one or both front legs in my direction, haha!

She her most frequent sleeping spot is behind/inside the fake plants (circled) in the upper left, but I've also caught her curled up for the night in the pothos on the right, close to/on her basking branch, or, occasionally, in the schefflera. She seems to switch up her sleeping spot every few days!

View attachment 236042

View attachment 236046

Lily emerging in the morning:
View attachment 236045
See I keep expecting Beman to want to hide at night but he doesn’t at all. I wonder how Bahari will be. So it does not seem like what I am doing is lacking just that he is a dork that sleeps out in the open lol.

Thank you Jeremy!
Tyes cage is pretty solid. I like his setup. Jellybeans is still a work in progress. Umbrella needs to grow a bit to catch up with the pothos. My setup is what I would call bare basic setup IMO. Nothing fancy. Nothing crazy. But everything monitored by me like a hawk. I watch a lot of Chameleon body language. I put a futon in their room and sometimes fall asleep watching them eat. My setups are nothing compared to most and especially yours. But I'm having happy healthy chameleons just like the rest of you. At some point I will need a bigger table to accommodate drainage trays. I'm very deligent about spot cleaning daily. Wiping up extra water and deep cleans once a week now but I know this will get old. One day I'll bite that bioactive bullet.

Tyes cage is pretty solid. I like his setup. Jellybeans is still a work in progress. Umbrella needs to grow a bit to catch up with the pothos. My setup is what I would call bare basic setup IMO. Nothing fancy. Nothing crazy. But everything monitored by me like a hawk. I watch a lot of Chameleon body language. I put a futon in their room and sometimes fall asleep watching them eat. My setups are nothing compared to most and especially yours. But I'm having happy healthy chameleons just like the rest of you. At some point I will need a bigger table to accommodate drainage trays. I'm very deligent about spot cleaning daily. Wiping up extra water and deep cleans once a week now but I know this will get old. One day I'll bite that bioactive bullet.
I think you accomplish the exact same as I have and offer your guys all the best as well. Does not matter if it is fancy or not. It has exactly what they need.
I do the same with Beman just sit and watch him... But since he is so dang friendly with me I have a hard time knowing if he just does not feel the need to go hide at night because he is content out in the open.

It should he interesting when Bahari gets here to learn his little ins and outs.

I think if I stick with basically what I have as a layout it is good. It seems that is really what everyone else has as well. I did find better branches though that have some awesome shapes. I may go to the beach today and look for some cool drift wood to clean and dry out. If I find some I will hold off on redoing his enclosure until later in the week.

1- ds large atrium for my quad Ellis. He likes to sleep in the back left corner. Uses the whole thing. He's getting a bioactive upgrade this summer.
2- exo terra bioactive for my Male carpet floyd. Sleeps top center in the back.
3- bioactive for my female carpet janira. She likes to sleep in the top right corner tucked in behind the vine.

Attachments

• 20190615_073204.jpg
    20190615_073204.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 178
  • 20190615_073257.jpg
    20190615_073257.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 20190615_073415.jpg
    20190615_073415.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 190
Back
Top Bottom