Show me your enclosures :)

I just go to the beach and get drift wood, clean it of course. But my chams favorite is the airplant vines she is always chillen on those or eating them

Attachments

• 598CB256-8A59-4AF0-9F3C-7BD4408E5D38.jpeg
    598CB256-8A59-4AF0-9F3C-7BD4408E5D38.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 170
1- ds large atrium for my quad Ellis. He likes to sleep in the back left corner. Uses the whole thing. He's getting a bioactive upgrade this summer.
2- exo terra bioactive for my Male carpet floyd. Sleeps top center in the back.
3- bioactive for my female carpet janira. She likes to sleep in the top right corner tucked in behind the vine.
Beautiful! I love your branches as well. I gotta go find some thicker branches... I think I am lacking in that area.

I really like the way manzanita branches look so I decided on using those. They are pretty pricey and I could of just used some good sticks found near me since I live in a pretty wooded area but I opted for the manzanita. I hear a lot of chameleons like sleeping in schefflera trees it’s a bushy plant with good thick stems so I made sure I got one of those in my cage. Hoping he likes this setup when my little man arrives :)

Attachments

• 260F702F-42B8-4935-8C08-14A6ED7AFE1B.jpeg
    260F702F-42B8-4935-8C08-14A6ED7AFE1B.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 31F73993-7A73-4546-82D5-BD5CCE661664.jpeg
    31F73993-7A73-4546-82D5-BD5CCE661664.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 190
Sorry Im late chiming in. Still adding to Thomas's enclosure. Hes still a lil miffed at me for changing thing but I left him his poop branch!! He is fairly consistent about where he goes. He is in his favorite spot in the pic.

Attachments

• 20190615_082634.jpg
    20190615_082634.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 20190615_081952.jpg
    20190615_081952.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 144
I really like the way manzanita branches look so I decided on using those. They are pretty pricey and I could of just used some good sticks found near me since I live in a pretty wooded area but I opted for the manzanita. I hear a lot of chameleons like sleeping in schefflera trees it’s a bushy plant with good thick stems so I made sure I got one of those in my cage. Hoping he likes this setup when my little man arrives :)
Looks great! Your new lil dude will love it.

Sorry Im late chiming in. Still adding to Thomas's enclosure. Hes still a lil miffed at me for changing thing but I left him his poop branch!! He is fairly consistent about where he goes. He is in his favorite spot in the pic.
Yeah see I think I need to pull a plant higher up on mine... I just gotta figure out how I want to do it.

Beman does not seem to mind when I change his stuff up. Although he does the slow walk for the first few days like he is trying to make sure nothing is in there with him. lol

Yeah see I think I need to pull a plant higher up on mine... I just gotta figure out how I want to do it.

Beman does not seem to mind when I change his stuff up. Although he does the slow walk for the first few days like he is trying to make sure nothing is in there with him. lol
Youve got dragon strand versatility! You will figure it out. I used a fence board screwed into the frame, then a birch branch secured to that to hang the kangaroo vine. I still have madiens hair ferns and spider plants to add.

Youve got dragon strand versatility! You will figure it out. I used a fence board screwed into the frame, then a birch branch secured to that to hang the kangaroo vine. I still have madiens hair ferns and spider plants to add.
Yeah I have all pothos plants. I have not gotten creative with other plants. I like how easy they are to care for/keep clean and I love that the vines work so well for other ways to travel.

That’s why I love these dragonstrand cages so many options on what you can change a do with plants and vines. I was opting for a cage from diycages but so glad I found dragonstrand they are the bees knees of cages lol.

That’s why I love these dragonstrand cages so many options on what you can change a do with plants and vines. I was opting for a cage from diycages but so glad I found dragonstrand they are the bees knees of cages lol.
I too love them. I just got a second one for my new boy Bahari. But it is just the standard 2x2x4 clearside. I have Beman in the Medium Tall Atrium which I love and it is roughly 30 wide, 24 deep, and 48 high. But I could not get another one of these because the build schedule is too far out. Hopefully the 2x2x4 will be good for Bahari since that is the size he is used to. I really love the quality and the versatility that you have with Dragon strand. And I love the easy drip tray. Beman loves to crawl everywhere when he wants out even the bottom. So this keeps him out of the wet.

Hi Becca! I just have the standard xlrg reptibreeze but I've tried to set it up best I could. Maxwell seems very happy in it. He hangs out in top canopy most of the day, and descends into the plant to sleep, recently on the right side near the screen with his face covered with leaves.

Attachments

• 910246AA-8AD7-461E-A426-2084206B49A4.jpeg
    910246AA-8AD7-461E-A426-2084206B49A4.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 07E2E814-01CB-4BE7-B402-011385628EF1.jpeg
    07E2E814-01CB-4BE7-B402-011385628EF1.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 8355BB30-C8AF-49A8-8BB6-BA9BD11CEDB9.jpeg
    8355BB30-C8AF-49A8-8BB6-BA9BD11CEDB9.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 155
I too love them. I just got a second one for my new boy Bahari. But it is just the standard 2x2x4 clearside. I have Beman in the Medium Tall Atrium which I love and it is roughly 30 wide, 24 deep, and 48 high. But I could not get another one of these because the build schedule is too far out. Hopefully the 2x2x4 will be good for Bahari since that is the size he is used to. I really love the quality and the versatility that you have with Dragon strand. And I love the easy drip tray. Beman loves to crawl everywhere when he wants out even the bottom. So this keeps him out of the wet.
I ended up getting the large keeper series all screen. If I could do it all again I’d want the large clear side because for my house climate I need sides sealed off to keep optimum temperature and humidity. I’m just using clear vinyl on 3 sides of my cage with the front completely screen for airflow. I have heard bill is working on a vivarium dragonstrand enclosure too with all sides being sealed that would be cool if your house climate allows for that type of cage setup.

Also I was wondering on how your drip tray works? Does it sit below the cage and you slide it in and out like a tray to clean excess water out or do you have to shop vac the water out? Right now I have just a bucket under my cage with the bottom drilled with holes for the water to drain. It works but might be interested in a drip tray in the future.

Hi Becca! I just have the standard xlrg reptibreeze but I've tried to set it up best I could. Maxwell seems very happy in it. He hangs out in top canopy most of the day, and descends into the plant to sleep, recently on the right side near the screen with his face covered with leaves.
Dang Robin that umbrella plant is awesome! You managed to find a great size.. I really like your layout as well. I think I need a little more diversity in my top basking level to give more options. And I gotta find bigger drift wood diameter branches today. I am very lacking in my branch sizes.

I ended up getting the large keeper series all screen. If I could do it all again I’d want the large clear side because for my house climate I need sides sealed off to keep optimum temperature and humidity. I’m just using clear vinyl on 3 sides of my cage with the front completely screen for airflow. I have heard bill is working on a vivarium dragonstrand enclosure too with all sides being sealed that would be cool if your house climate allows for that type of cage setup.

Also I was wondering on how your drip tray works? Does it sit below the cage and you slide it in and out like a tray to clean excess water out or do you have to shop vac the water out? Right now I have just a bucket under my cage with the bottom drilled with holes for the water to drain. It works but might be interested in a drip tray in the future.
Yeah I have very high humidity here. So I actually have to run a dehumidifier in the house and closely monitor my daytime levels and adjust misting sessions accordingly. I love that the clearside keeps the spray in though and Beman is a big fan of walking up screens so only having one side panel and the top screen has greatly reduced this. He broke 1 nail off already in his last cage doing this :(

So the drip easy tray... There is both a screen that slide in and the pvc panel to slide in when you need to pull the screen for cleaning. These sit on the frame in the bottom of the cage and you access them through the service door. The drip easy tray is like the other trays as far as the cage sitting on top of it. The only draw back to this tray is it can not support weight due to the screen so no plants on the bottom.

You can do a gravity drain on the tray as well and Bill has directions on the website for this. I decided against this because I was worried I would just mess up my tray. So I shop vac the water each morning. You could go a few days in between if you wanted but I try to get any additional water out since I deal with humidity issues already.

Dang Robin that umbrella plant is awesome! You managed to find a great size.. I really like your layout as well. I think I need a little more diversity in my top basking level to give more options. And I gotta find bigger drift wood diameter branches today. I am very lacking in my branch sizes.
Thanks! I'm always on the look out for good branches while hiking. I recently had to hack that umbrella plant back it's been growing so well since I added the Sansi light.

Yeah I have all pothos plants. I have not gotten creative with other plants. I like how easy they are to care for/keep clean and I love that the vines work so well for other ways to travel.
I broke apart my pothos and planted them in coco mats that I cut and hot glued into little pouches. Screwed said pouches to board and branch, then hot glued. As they grow, I drape them across other branches. Still have some pothos left over that i am encouraging longer growth in the window sill. Uhh, I may need a plant meeting after this thread. Feeling an urge to go buy plants now. I want jasmine in my enclosure!!

I broke apart my pothos and planted them in coco mats that I cut and hot glued into little pouches. Screwed said pouches to board and branch, then hot glued. As they grow, I drape them across other branches. Still have some pothos left over that i am encouraging longer growth in the window sill. Uhh, I may need a plant meeting after this thread. Feeling an urge to go buy plants now. I want jasmine in my enclosure!!
There is a thread to support all your plant addiction needs. lol It is free to join and you receive full support to purchase to your hearts content :hilarious:

I refuse to post my enclosure becca. I won't do it. I have probably posted my enclosures in 50 other threads. If you want to see them so bad, go look them up. Fine.

This is just of my Parsons, I have pictures of my Panther enclosures on my old phone I think. They weren't anything spectacular. I liked to have them free range a lot so I didn't put as much effort into their enclosures aesthetically speaking

Attachments

• 20181208_133320.jpg
    20181208_133320.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 20181208_133001.jpg
    20181208_133001.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 20181208_133027.jpg
    20181208_133027.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 20181208_133059.jpg
    20181208_133059.jpg