Should she be this fat?!?

I just got my female from the Kammers on Thursday (11/3). She is 4.5 months old. My male was NEVER this chubby. She seems like she is starving all the time. Is this normal for a female to look like this?

Last edited:
Liddy said she was 4.5 months. She is very small compared to my 6-month-old male. I can't see or feel any lumps though, it may just be the bad iphone pic?

Here is another photo I took right after she arrived at my house. She is crawling over a chair, and you can see where the edge pushes into her belly.

Last edited:
Girls with curves need love too. She looks older than 4 1/2 months old to me and may have some eggs in her. In the first picture, her belly does look a little lumpy as in she might have eggs. I dunno....

the first picture seems a little odd. the second just strikes me as a little plump but no eggs.

as the others said, i would put a egg bin in there just for good measure. but just in case you have not already, do tons of research on gravid behavior. that's what you really need to look out for.

If it was not the Kammers and you bought if from an individual or a pet store I would say they could have made a mistake. But I think the Kammers would know the ages of the chameleons they sell. Just my opinion....

If it was not the Kammers and you bought if from an individual or a pet store I would say they could have made a mistake. But I think the Kammers would know the ages of the chameleons they sell. Just my opinion....

I agree. Liddy knew everything about her. She said they considering keeping her as a breeder which is why they waited until 4.5 months to sell her......but I will keep an eye on her and have a bin ready, just in case! Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom