Should I just leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks to me like you have been here around 3 years.and what you know can help a lot of others.and I for one need your smarts.Rich :D

Of course not...

First of all, I have personally enjoyed all our previous interactions, and in my own way was enjoying what I thought was a beneficial conversation tonight. I was just trying to be thorough in getting my point of view across as to the other side and motivations behind the self-depricating disclaimers on the newbie's posts, and the fact that the reasoning behind them may not be exactly what you think it is all the time. I was a little bit hurt by a couple of things, true, but I explained that a little better in my most recent post, and my theory is that forums in general and particularly thread topics like that are pretty much designed to spark conversation on both sides of s topic and make you think and explain your views, and that's all we were doing, pretty intelligently, I thought (considering my groggy state, at least)
Now that other person yeah they seemed pretty offended. But don't worry about me, at least, so I don't think it's a majority thing. Yet. ;) Lol jk.

Nope, I vote stay. Go clean some cages and take a break from the madness. After all Id be down to one forum friend :D. Your posts are great for the most part;) keep them up JJ. Informative, humor and plenty of knowledge.if people take offense I think they are misunderstanding you and if not, you can't please everyone and we all know your not deliberately offending people for the sake of it.

i say stay

i would love to see you stay.for me you provided some excellent help and info at a time i thaught i was gonna lose my baby..i was completely upset and had no idea what to do,if not for you,your humour and very muchly appreciated information i would have probly just cried my eyes out in frustration...so i may be new on here but i would hate to see you go..please stay..as someone else pointed out..we cant please everyone all of the time..

Hehe!! Come on Dan, join us on the darkside!!! :D

Seriously, IMHO, you are an asset. Unfortunately, your decision will have to made on whether or not you feel that you are one. It may come down to deciding if you are enjoying yourself when you are here.....

You must stay, it would be lonely in here with out you. Love your perspective on things, in my opinion, your honesty is only out shined by your sincerity in your love for chameleons. Your heart is in the right place Dan. Also love your accent, oh that is just my imagination -lol;)

Come on don't go JJ, you are the only Aussie we got and an intelligent one at that!!!! I truly enjoy your posts and have learned a thing or two from you!:D:D

i dont think you should go, i think your rite on theres alot of knowitalls who freely give info they havent a clue about just to put there 2 cents in..

i really think you've been hittin to much bush weed in the outbacks mate. either that or them kangaroos have been kickin you upside the head lol. i havent read a single post by you that i took or seem offensive in anyway. your from australia which is rad, you love chameleons which is great, and you respect the laws and dont keep them, which is a bonus.

stay you big goonie, your my best friend on the forums lol

I vote stay, even though you made an example of me. :p You might just need a short break from all the drama that goes on on the forums.

Dan.. I'm brand new to this community, but I can say from overall "forum experience, as a member and a moderator" ..you should stay. I agree with ChameleonsInMyHouse and jannb.

Give it a day or so break and then come back fresh.

What I've observed in less than a week, is there seems to be a slight amount of "politicking" here. "Seems" is keyword. It happens on forums. Sometimes, it's a constant and sometimes it's one of those *somebody got a bug in their butt* and want to challenge the masses. Don't let it ruffle ya.. breath in.. breath out.. move on :)

WTF!?!?!?! Who are you offending? I really hope that you choose to stay. I enjoy your posts, your opinions, info and crazy links. I'd miss you!

Please stay.....we Aussies need to stick together :) I enjoy your posts and you would be sorely missed.

Now go watch the Simpsons and have a beer :D

I would vote "stay" as I enjoy your posts, but this is hardly a good way to get an accurate poll. Answers are likely going to be biased towards you staying, with people wanting you to leave staying relatively quiet.

For a quick, easy independent poll, try: http://www.yourfreepoll.com/ - You'll get a better approximation of the forum community's true feelings.

Drew

Hehe!! Come on Dan, join us on the darkside!!! :D

Seriously, IMHO, you are an asset. Unfortunately, your decision will have to made on whether or not you feel that you are one. It may come down to deciding if you are enjoying yourself when you are here.....

I vote stay!

I like to refer to the "darkside" as the logical, reality based, scientific side with a touch of humor and sometimes sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom