Should I get a gecko?

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I have a extra terrarium. I cant get any small chameleons in Serbia so my only option is some other lizard and I’m thinking gecko. Anybody has experience with them and what kind of gecko should I buy?

So I have a extra terrarium. I cant get any small chameleons in Serbia so my only option is some other lizard and I’m thinking gecko. Anybody has experience with them and what kind of gecko should I buy?
If your extra terrarium is taller than it is wide, a crested gecko would be a good choice as they are climbers. If it is wider than it is tall, you can never go wrong with a leopard gecko.

If your extra terrarium is taller than it is wide, a crested gecko would be a good choice as they are climbers. If it is wider than it is tall, you can never go wrong with a leopard gecko.
I would love crested gecko but I’m afraid he will burn himself if he gets near the light bulb because its in the terrarium..

I had a fat tailed gecko. It was cute because right before the cricket strike it would shoot its tail up in the air and look more like second head. They are raised just like leopard geckos.

Some of them can get a REALLY fat tail.

dcd04d7e60240f6e2dfa289017c055e09878d58av2_hq.jpg

My breeder said crested gecko doesnt need uv lamp and he needs room temp no need for heat bulb. Is that true?
I may be wrong, but I believe their care is very similar to that of chameleons. Many people/places say leopard (and crested gecko’s) don’t need uvb as they are usually hiding during the day, but I provide uvb for my leos, based upon suggestion from @kinyonga. I have a rescue leo who sleeps with his head out of his hide to soak up some uvb.
Crested gecko’s do need some heat...around 80* I think. I would definitely not put a heat bulb inside the enclosure but one suspended over it instead.

I may be wrong, but I believe their care is very similar to that of chameleons. Many people/places say leopard (and crested gecko’s) don’t need uvb as they are usually hiding during the day, but I provide uvb for my leos, based upon suggestion from @kinyonga. I have a rescue leo who sleeps with his head out of his hide to soak up some uvb.
Crested gecko’s do need some heat...around 80* I think. I would definitely not put a heat bulb inside the enclosure but one suspended over it instead.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom