Shortened Veiled tongue?

sagemoon2004

Established Member
I just bought my 2yr old Veiled from a college student about a week ago, I have done plenty of research, but my main concern is that I have never seen him shoot his tongue out. He was fed out of a small ceramic bowl. I read that the tongue can permanently shorten. Has anyone else ever had a similar experience and is there ANYTHING I can do to help rectify this? He was also completely housed wrong, glass rep tank, 6 inches of substrate complete with grubs at the bottom. He seems healthy in every other way, other then does not like to be handled, which is okay, low stress that way. Any help is appreciated!

I just checked the supplements he gave me with Saki and they are Reptivite w\D3 and Rep-cal w/D. I have other supplements and will immediately back off the D-3. Hope this helps, I will let you know. Thanks for the links, they were def helpful.

How do you feed him now? Have you ever attempted to have him hunt for his food? Once you correct the supplement issue you might want to try to wean him off the bowl a little at a time... Just a thought.

I just checked the supplements he gave me with Saki and they are Reptivite w\D3 and Rep-cal w/D. I have other supplements and will immediately back off the D-3. Hope this helps, I will let you know. Thanks for the links, they were def helpful.

You need to get calcium without D3 and use that for dusting at every other feeding. Only use the D3 and multi vit. twice a month.

Back
Top Bottom