Short term use of Tap water effect on mistking/fogger

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Hey everyone. I will not be able to get RO water for about 11 days. If I use tap water for that period of time will it mess up my mistking nozzles and humidifier? Or is it more of a prolonged use situation that ruins them?

No it should not. I had to use tap at first. It did leave residue on the plants but that depends on your water quality. In the short term it won’t clog. When you go back to RO it will slowly remove any leftover minerals.
You can also soak a clogged nozzle in vinegar to clear it.

No it should not. I had to use tap at first. It did leave residue on the plants but that depends on your water quality. In the short term it won’t clog. When you go back to RO it will slowly remove any leftover minerals.
You can also soak a clogged nozzle in vinegar to clear it.
So you think I should be fine for that short of a time period?

Does anyone use rain water
confused baby GIF

This was me reading through the thread and then seeing this 😆

Unless pebbles are coming out of your faucet, I doubt your tap water would clog your nozzles or affect your humidifier--especially in only 10 days. I have used tap water for three years with my mistking and humidifier with no problems at all. A quick disclaimer, the water in my town is exceptional; it beats out bottled water in flavor(?). I have also been using the tap to water my carnivorous plants who can be extra sensitive to tap with no problems at all. While my water may be better than most people's, my tap water has yet to clog a mistking nozzle. So I highly doubt that your nozzles would plug up due to 10 days of misting with tap.

Thank you everyone. I am on quarantine until Monday when I go in for a medical procedure. Then the first three days I can not do anything. The next seven they do not want me even lifting a gallon. So since my mom and daughter are going to have to fill everything I do not want them to have to go get the RO while I am out of commission lol. Trying to make it as simple as possible on them. And with me being the only caretaker of my boys I am a little anxious just being away 1 day and leaving it up to the family to remember to turn on and off the dehumidifier. Just a bit of a stressed messed :hilarious:

So you think I should be fine for that short of a time period?
Yes I do. Norther CA tends to have pretty good water. The par that maters is the water hardness. This can vary from area to area. In Pahrump, out side of Vegas, the water was well water and was off the charts with minerals. Even there 10 days would not cause a problem.

Yes I do. Norther CA tends to have pretty good water. The par that maters is the water hardness. This can vary from area to area. In Pahrump, out side of Vegas, the water was well water and was off the charts with minerals. Even there 10 days would not cause a problem.
Thanks hun. Appreciate your feedback as always. :)

Lmao still not getting it 🤣 it rains tons in the uk and the water is better than tap distilled or ro for plants also. I'm obviously looking like an idiot and do not even realise it . Lol

Lmao still not getting it 🤣 it rains tons in the uk and the water is better than tap distilled or ro for plants also. I'm obviously looking like an idiot and do not even realise it . Lol
Well your comment made me laugh and I did enjoy it thoroughly. :hilarious:
It would be harder for my family to collect rain water than going and buying RO. Whole point of why I was asking about Tap water is due to me not being able to get RO while I am recovering and not wanting my family to deal with extra tasks.

I have been using tap water on and off this winter quite a bit, as my RO system is disconnected currently, and it’s too damn cold to go fill them at the local station.

If you have the clear side material on your dragon strand, the tapwater might leave spots on the glass or plastic, but they can be wiped off with a moist cloth.

i’ve been using tap water for foggers for my plant area for over a year and they seem to be unaffected. I do notice some calcium buildup on the leaves and around the fogger head, but for a years worth of accumulation I think it has done pretty well.

I don’t think you’re an idiot. Plant folks will go out and try to round up rainwater by the bucket. I have been known to grab all my plants and run outside when it rains. I tend to get drenched but the plants love it.

I would not use rainwater that ran off your roof, because it could pick up some of the contaminants on the roof like bird poop, tar, shingle material. But letting it just fill up with plain old rain in the middle of your yard will be fine.

I have been using tap water on and off this winter quite a bit, as my RO system is disconnected currently, and it’s too damn cold to go fill them at the local station.

If you have the clear side material on your dragon strand, the tapwater might leave spots on the glass or plastic, but they can be wiped off with a moist cloth.

i’ve been using tap water for foggers for my plant area for over a year and they seem to be unaffected. I do notice some calcium buildup on the leaves and around the fogger head, but for a years worth of accumulation I think it has done pretty well.
Perfect thank you Natalie. I do have the clearside on two enclosures but the misting heads do not spray them directly. But if I need to clean water spots after all is said and done I am ok with that. I have to clean them anyways since the boys keep getting tongue marks on the clearside when they go after the flies.

I was thinking about running the water through my britta filter... Might cut down on some of it. Do you think this is really needed or a waste of time since I am only looking at 11 days?

Not getting it ?
Sorry, I just found your question so random it confused my barely working head. I saw that gif and was like “perfect” and I found your question funny 😆. It’s definitely something I would say without realizing how random it sounds.
Very Funny Reaction GIF

I wanna know who makes these :hilarious:

On the rain water. I am in Oregon and have been thinking of this for a while. The problem for me is gathering it. Clearly I have gutters, but then that water has run down my roof and picked up who knows what. But if I can find a way to collect it, it will be my first choice.

Back
Top Bottom