Shedding

missjay78

So my chalemeleon has been with me with a month and finally had a shed today! He started while we were away from home and halfway through it was bedtime. So he is halfway through a shed and fell asleep for the night. Is this ok?

I have 2 babies - 1 is about 3.5months and the other is 2.5months. I've had them both around 3 weeks and both completed their first shed this week.

My veiled shed within a few hours and left a few pieces of flakey skin on his body, mainly on his face/eyes.

My panther did a full body shed within the same amount of time.

2 days later my Veiled still has some around his eyes.

I hope this helps. I believe spraying them lightly with warm water can help them to remove any remaining skin.

i have had my chameleon for a week now from tikitiki reptiles and he has turned a green foggy look. I think he is about to shed and he is getting white specks on his noes. does any one have a answer? he is about 2.5 months old.

i have had my chameleon for a week now from tikitiki reptiles and he has turned a green foggy look. I think he is about to shed and he is getting white specks on his noes. does any one have a answer?

Their skin goes dry when they are about to shed, it also looks a bit wrinkley.

The white specks arent his nostrils are they? They sometimes discharge their body salts etc from them.

ch5
ya i think it is its nostrils. only thing i am worried about is that he hates being sprayed by water even warm water to. i spry him to help the shedding process he is just a baby 2.5 months old so what would you do CH5?

[ch5]
ya i think it is its nostrils. only thing i am worried about is that he hates being sprayed by water even warm water to. i spry him to help the shedding process he is just a baby 2.5 months old so what would you do CH5?[/QUOTE]

[ch5]
ya i think it is its nostrils. only thing i am worried about is that he hates being sprayed by water even warm water to. i spry him to help the shedding process he is just a baby 2.5 months old so what would you do CH5?
[/QUOTE]

When you say warm water, do you use hot water? If you use hot water it should spray a nice warm temp.

Don't spray him directly, spray to the side of him so he doesn't get too wet

ch5

yes i use hot water i spray him like you said but he is very shy you cant even look at him for a long period of time without him slowly moving away. i think it is just because he is a baby and i did a lot of research before i got him!

dont use hot water that can burn, the most i would use is 80 degree water..(remember they arent already 98 degrees, warm to us is burning to them)..as for shedding times..it can be as little as 1 hour or as long as two days..the latter being that the chameleon needs more moisture..keep humidity up when shedding begins to help the process go easier..:D

help!

and i just noticed my cham was a foggy green but ch5 already explained that it is about to shed. but i just saw him come out of his live plant and he was a ugly green and brown mix and on top of is veiled or cone on his head it is a dark brown it is right on the temp 85 degrees and he has a uvb. and i have herd people say that it is bad to have a night light but i think it is fine because when i turn it on he crawls to it and falls asleep right away.

I got a panther Cham from tiki tiki too two weeks ago at the expo.... He started shedding a week ago and he still has some shed btw his eyes.... I hope that ok... I'm kinda worried but everyone telling me to stop worrying... The guy at pet store said if it don't come off it will on the next shed

i have a orange crush veiled from tiki tiki reptile. I do the the same thing i worry all the time and i think it is completely normal.

Back
Top Bottom