Shedding

My cham has had a tail issue and on top of that she is shedding ... but its taking a while she has been working on her feet and tail for 3 days but its taking so long how can i help her finish she hasnt had food in about a week because we ran out of food then it snowed 9 inches so we couldn't do anything i am going to feed her some banana and i would post some pics but im on a computer and i don't want to bother her during her shed by getting her out.

They are insectivores and can not eat fruit or veg. Your cham is younger and has to be fed correctly for its growth. A week is far too long for her to go without insects to eat.

Per the shedding taking longer. This in young chams has a direct link to husbandry being incorrect. I am not sure what changes you made I know you are limited due to your age. But the health of the chameleon is what is at stake when you can not make changes.

they can eat fruits i have already asked someone who cares for them and she is almost 2 right now so yeah she is still a little young but what do you expect me to do?

they can eat fruits i have already asked someone who cares for them and she is almost 2 right now so yeah she is still a little young but what do you expect me to do?
Hi. Yes, veileds can/will eat fruits and other plant matter, but it doesn’t mean that they should. We can’t stop them from eating their enclosure plants and no one is really quite certain why exactly they do that. However, they do lack the ability to properly digest plant matter. Plus, the sugars from fruit aren’t very good for them. I understand you’re in a bind right now, but you need to get your girl some good bugs asap. I think it’s safe to say that there are few to no places in the world where we aren’t always at risk of weather making us not being able to access live food for our chameleons. After the first time I had trouble was when i set up a small roach colony so that i will never run out again. Although not really decent staple feeders, when you see that bad weather may be approaching, you can always get some mealworms to keep as back up in the fridge. They keep for at least a few weeks. Other feeders like bsfl, if you get them at a small to medium size will also last quite some time at room temp. If you can order a few hundred on line, they’ll keep for quite a while.

oh alright we are getting crickets friday so we are going to be ok but how many times do i need to put d3 calcium on there?
Your chameleon will need vitamin D3 2x a month. I give mine on the 1st and 15th of each month.

Have you done a husbandry review for your Cham? We can help ensure you have everything correct so your little one grows up strong and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom