shedding while asleep !!

bradleymarky

my cham is due to shed in the next few days and i was wondering if it is brought on by the cham or can it happen anytime, i wonder if it could start while sleeping

Your post is kind of confusing. A cham will shed when its time to shed. It's part of their life. I dont see where you're going with this.

Your post is kind of confusing. A cham will shed when its time to shed. It's part of their life. I dont see where you're going with this.
i will try to make it easier, does a cham only shed in the daytime or can it happen at night when its sleeping, i didnt think the question was that difficult :confused:

i will try to make it easier, does a cham only shed in the daytime or can it happen at night when its sleeping, i didnt think the question was that difficult :confused:

Shedding is a unconscious act. Just like you shedding your skin or hair. It just happens when it is time and the chameleon has no control over it.

Yes, they shed when they are asleep, though moving about helps the dead skin come off so it might look like they just do it when they are awake.

I don't know how old your chameleon is, but babies can do a fairly spectacular "blow off" of skin that sort of looks like they exploded. Adults often just seem to have a place that's shedding a bit most of the time (though, I've seen pictures of adults that were "blowing off" almost their whole body at once).

Back
Top Bottom