Do my boys poops look healthy?

NorahJan

These are a few days old, but I was wondering if these look healthy for the most part. I have been really nervous that he is dehydrated.. There is a little piece of shed in the mix as well so disregard that :)
IMG_9337.jpeg

Here are my most recent pictures of the boy to help decipher if they are healthy or not. His first birthday is April 6th!

Attachments

• IMG_9339.jpeg
    IMG_9339.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9212.jpeg
    IMG_9212.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9160.jpeg
    IMG_9160.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 5
He seems hydrated. The colors look great.. His urates’ colors look good.
Is there a way I can make sure he gets more water? I have a dripper running from 10am-12pm, then again before bed time. I also have a fogger that runs all night (11pm-4am) that he usually decides to sleep directly under.

Is there a way I can make sure he gets more water? I have a dripper running from 10am-12pm, then again before bed time. I also have a fogger that runs all night that he usually decides to sleep directly under.
Do you have a mister? Mister are a must. You can mist 30 min before lights come on and 30 min after lights go off. Also if he is 9+ months old you you can start to feed him hornworms every so often which are packed with water and are a great to get your Pascal hydrated.

Do you have a mister? Mister are a must. You can mist 30 min before lights come on and 30 min after lights go off. Also if he is 9+ months old you you can start to feed him hornworms every so often which are packed with water and are a great to get your Pascal hydrated.
I do have a mister, it sprays for 45 seconds before the lights go on and 45 after they go off. But it doesn't reach throughout the entire cage so I hand mist as well. I will definitely offer him some more hornworms! I was only doing them once a month as a baby, but will definitely see if he takes them. He's an insane eater so I'm sure it won't be a problem. Thank you!

No problem! I love to help! Feeding 1hornworm a month is actually a good amount to feed him. Unless he gets dehydrated. But I don’t think he will because you are taking excellent care of him. Keep us posted. Love to see pictures!

My veiled I keep hydrated with the below schedule. I never see her drink and her urates are nice and white.

7:45 - 3 min mist
8:00 - lights on
3:00 - dripper installed
7:45 pm - 3 min mist
8:00 pm - lights off
12:00 - 1 min mist
12:00-6:00 fog constantly

I do have a mister, it sprays for 45 seconds before the lights go on and 45 after they go off. But it doesn't reach throughout the entire cage so I hand mist as well. I will definitely offer him some more hornworms! I was only doing them once a month as a baby, but will definitely see if he takes them. He's an insane eater so I'm sure it won't be a problem. Thank you!
I would up the misting time to 2 minutes minimum. This will trigger his drinking urge as well as trigger him to clean his eyes.

Also, if he's about a year old, make sure you're cutting back on feeding - he looks a great weight right now but veilds are known to be little garbage disposals. As they get into adulthood (around one year) you'll want to cut down to 3-4 feeders, roughly 3 days a week, with a weekend day maybe an offering of a treat bug.

Lovely boy!!

Back
Top Bottom