shedding video (part time lapse)

heartben

made a video of darwins 2nd shed with me. if you've seen my other shed video this is similar but it has some longer parts. one of them is like 15ish minutes sped up 600 times

LINK!

you've all probably seen your cham shed so it wont be anything new but i thought id post a link anyways, some people are into this kind of thing.

for some reason there are always pops/glitches in the music when i upload them. gr. shinfo.

thanks guys.

Ah Ben I love it! And the music goes along perfectly!

I like when he is scratching at his head in the fast speed . He looks like a dog. Lol

Very nice.

thanks! i thought you would probably find it interested to see its progress (although im guessing you still have his siblings)

im curious how they are doing compared to him. about when should some of his other colors come in? i was hoping for a bit more but mostly his greens and blues are filling out more. nothing too crazy. maybe next shed.

i like watching him open his mouth super wide and blow up, its weird but its funny to watch him go back to normal like nothing happened.

his personality has changed a bit over the past week, im wondering if it was because he was getting ready to shed. he hasnt cup or hand fed for me so i have to hold up every bug with tongs or he wont eat! what a butthead.

too cool!!!!!! i love pics of them shedding and this video is even better!!!!!!!!!

i sooo want to reach in and help him get rid of the shed!!!!!!!! lisa

That is a fun video. Poor baby, I like the wide open mouth. I don't think he cold get it any farther open.:)

I love the Ambilobe Standing video you have too.. that is just so cute! Its like he is looking and trying to figure out the dripper.

As for colors.. Babys start getting hints of color at 3-4 months and he should get full of color by 5-6 months.. but his colors will keep changing as he grows. Some chameleons color up early while others are sort of late bloomers...

Circle was sort of a late bloomer but when he bloomed.. he bloomed BIG.

Here is a baby pic of Circle.. I believe he was 4.5 months old in this photo

https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/dez-albums-chameleons-picture4872-baby-circle-side.html

you can see his little circle too

*edit : Young circle pics are also in this old thread:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/chameleon-collection-lots-pics-33006/

:)

Last edited:
Great video. My little fella is doing the same as I write this. He is about 5 months old and this is his 3rd shed in my hands (got him at 3months)

holy cow. i didnt see any of these comments before. thanks for checking out my video everyone, really appreciate it! ill probably keep making them if i catch them early enough. i feel sort of like a loser just making tons of cham videos but i really like the idea of documenting his growth of color and size.

after all is said and done and really like to make a sort "best of" clips and put them in a sort of time lapse so you can see him grow through out the video.

kind of a big commitment but we will see what happens! thanks again guys, super glad a few people enjoyed it.

oh and dez - i love that video too, its so simple but it was super like.. wtf is he doing!? when i saw him... i walked out of the room and came back just to find him just... standing up staring at the dripper. hahaha

man, he is the spitting image of his father in that 4.5 month pic..pretty much exactly what his colors are like. its hurting how badly i want to see him grown up! hoping he gives me some more color for my bday next month :D

This is great. I just noticed my pygmy shedding- and you did a wonderful job photographing and explaining how long the process takes. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom