Shedding stress or impaction.

I understand your hesitation to take the advice of a random voice on the internet, especially when contradicting a vet, I promise we will not lead you astray.

don’t just take my word for it, do some reading, I’m sure you’ll come to the right conclusion. Good luck.

I see it has it in low levels.
Bathing. Vet said one thing. You say another. Rock and a hard place.
Repashy LoD is specifically made for species of reptiles w/ low vitamin D requirements, and D3 in large amounts can hurt your cham in the long run. Even panthers have a recommended D3 intake of once every two weeks. The Repashy Calcium plus LoD is supposed to be used every insect feeding, which is why a higher amount of D3 isn't ideal.

Hello again.
Impaction turned out to be mild and he passed lots of poops.
However he is struggling with his shed.
And I catch him laying like this (see new picture) on one of his vines.
Should I go back to vet.
20200203_150034.jpg

Once seen and stabilized, we need to discuss viv size, UVB, and supplements.

Why are you on an anti glass crusade lately? That viv is 36x18x36... I could have told you that before OP told you, and OP told you. That is a much much much better Viv size than the 24x24x48 that gets touted around here.....

That viv is bigger than the Atrium bill sells, and the other one that you were saying too small, is bigger than the "Forever Cage" that the Kammers use to sell, and used for 10+ years. 24x18x30 (I think they were actually 22.5x16.5x30), was the "Forever cage" that was used and sold by the Kammers. Now they suggest Atriums (30x18x30) I bet they still use their forever's though.

A 48 inch cage, was never and still is not needed. The 24w was what was needed, ever notice that Reptibreeze comes in 18x18x36, and then 24x24x48? You dont need a 48 inch tall cage, you need a 24 inch wide cage at minimum. The basking branch still needs to be eye level, but just like bills caging podcast said. A 30inch cage on a dresser is 10000 times better than a 48 cage on the floor.

Last edited:
Why are you on an anti glass crusade lately?
Im not. Glass vivs are a perfcly acceptable. They have their strengths and weaknesses that must be compensated for just like the screens do.

That viv is 36x18x36... I could have told you that before OP told you, and OP told you. That is a much much much better Viv size than the 24x24x48 that gets touted around here.....
Your right, I was wrong and didn't convert the numbers in my head properly. I'm human just like you.

Back
Top Bottom