Shedding in Parts

Bio123

My chameleon is shedding his skin in parts. He was done with his body a day ago and is now starting on his tail. Is this normal, or should he be shedding all at once? Am I lacking something in his diet?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male Veiled Chameleon, 8 months old
Handling - Once every 2 weeks
Feeding - 10 crix a day, 4 mealworms a week, pillbugs and slugs as treats.
Supplements - Herptivite & Rep-Cal w/ D3 once every 2 weeks. Rep-Cal calcium every day.
Watering - Spray bottle and dripper. I spray a little extra when he sheds.
Fecal Description - Clean. Hydrated
History - Premium Bloodline from FL Chams

Cage Info: operational cage with all live plants.
Cage Type - 2x2x4 ft. cage, screened
Lighting - Basking light, Repti Sun 5.0 UVB light
Temperature - analog & digital thermometer, 80 degrees F high, 70 degrees F low.
Humidity - Humidity gauge analogue & digital, 60% to 75%
Plants - Umbrella plant, Pothos ivy
Placement - Isolated place across the room from a window.
Location -Houston,TX

Sounds normal to me. As they get nearer to maturity, their growth rate slows right down lthough they never actually stop growing. As adults they do shed differents parts at a time over several days and sometimes it can seem as though they are always shedding one part or another! :D As babies they just seem to pop out of the skin in a matter of hours. Amy is 9 months old now and her last two sheds have been partial ones.

My cham sheds slower on the tail but it all starts at the same time it just takes longer for the tail skin to fall off

I would cut out the meal worms. If you insist on meal worms cut it back to like 2-3 a month.

Try ti stick to this suppliment schedule.

Week1 m-f--calcium
sat-- nothing
sun-- calcium+D3
Week2 m-f--calcium
sat- nothing
sun--multivitamin
Week3-- Repeat week1
Week4-- Repeat week2

Back
Top Bottom