She? or He?

Lancecham

There have been a few posts recently about "She-male" female panthers. I thought I would share one of my panthers with extraordinary coloration. I took the pic with my phone, so not all of the colors are captured by any means.
Well, I will make it easy on you guys. This is a female. She is about 9 months old.
Lance

Attachments

• shemale2.jpg
    shemale2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Shemaleambilobe1.jpg
    Shemaleambilobe1.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 420
I noticed a few threads mentioning she-males recently, and that's the most she-male looking thing I've seen! Would be sweet to see offspring if possible...:D

sign me up for an offspring

thats pretty sweet

who's the sire and is she the only one or anything similar with the cluth she was from???

wait a minute when males see her, do they mistake her as a male??? even if she is receptive???? very interesting indeed

Last edited:
I want to know if she-male ( assuming she-male is female with male coloration's ) can or has produced any clutches? And if so were they fertile if mated? Just interested in the possibilities....(females that are just as colorful as males due to some genetic issue of some sort and able to lay eggs that are fertile = awesome!!!) :D

She's beautiful Lance. What local is she? I just love females. Most are just so sweet and have the best personalities.

Thanks for the compliments. She is an Ambilobe. She started out like any other female in regards to colors. Then about 2.5 months ago, the colors started coming in. I had kept 5 of her sisters, and the rest looked like your typical female. Her sisters have all bred. I tried breeding her, but no luck yet.
I have spoken to other people, and they say that frequently, these females won't breed. I will keep trying to breed her though. I don't give up that easy.

yeah, ive head if she is an actual "she-male" they wont breed or ever produce eggs...have you noticed that she is any larger than your other females?

She is a bit larger than her sisters. I would guess she may continue to grow a little more. I have another female that is 2 years old, unrelated and very colorful as well. She is between 14.5 and 15 inches. She has not bred either, but still hoping.

She is a bit larger than her sisters. I would guess she may continue to grow a little more. I have another female that is 2 years old, unrelated and very colorful as well. She is between 14.5 and 15 inches. She has not bred either, but still hoping.

well i hope you can get them to change their minds haha, im in the same situation with my Nosy Be female

Panther females with extraordinary colors happens once in a while. I have not owned one to attempt breeding however at an old chameleon company West Coast Chameleons out of Santa Cruz, they had a female with some legit blue and red that they were attempting to breed. Sorry no pictures. However I would expect to see these kinds of female once and a while. I would not say they are she/males though, just extraordinarily colored females.

Back
Top Bottom