she is sleeping in her laying bin

rafael

my cham was digging and today i left my room almost all day the lights turned of by them selfs and when i got home to chek up on her i saw her sleeping in the bin im extremly worried i dont know what to do now

leave her. She will be fine. She will climb out tomorrow when she's ready. Don't disturb her.
Do not worry :) She will finish laying tomorrow probably, or she is probably already finished and will eventually leave the bin and move towards the heat lamp and water within a few hours of lights on

If her eyes are closed, and she is on top of the soil/sand (rather than bottom end down in a tunnel), she is not laying eggs. So either she hasn't started, or she's finished.
Does she look thinner? (look carefully - try not to disturb her!)

her butt is in the tunnel but like all curled i cant see the eyes it very dark :S and i dont want to disturb her

She was probably in the middle of laying when the lights went out (which is no problem). Though it is possible she is currently laying, more likely she is asleep and finish in the morning

worry not.

approach her in the morning very slowly and gently, try not to be seen by her until she is back in the branches.

i just got home, and she is out of the hole and sleeping on her favorite branch she looks ok, but the hole she was digging on is gone it looks like she covered the hole she looks green with her yellow spots yesterday she was all darkish dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing :S

Definitely leave the laying bin in there then.

Sometimes if the lights go out when they're digging they'll fall asleep then abandon the hole.

The good news is that if she tried digging once, she will likely try again. Hopefully she will get to finish the next time before the lights put her to sleep.

Best of luck!

i was digging to find the eggs and no eggs :S she looks smaller and all but no eggs :S

Um, this does not sound right. I have never had a chameleon cover the hole and not lay eggs(at least that I can remember). Are you sure that you checked the laying bin thoroughly? Also you should be able to easily feel the eggs in her. If you feel comfortable you can gently feel her abdomen. I would check the bin first again though.

thats her right now the bin was 4 inches i placed more dirt and she digged all morning my roomate checked on her and told me that at 6PM she was sleeping, and the hole was covered i was like all happy searching for the eggs and broke my heart no to find the eggs if she is not digging tomorro morning when i wake up i will place her in the cage my friend send to me its a fish tank of 8 X 18 so lets see

1507041_10152092040560081_631840864_n.jpg

I think she laid her eggs. Sometimes they dig farther than you would think. I could be wrong though. If she starts digging tomorrow, I guess you will know. Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom