Sex my panther chameleon

Damus

My GF and I have been going back and forth whether or not our chamcham is a boy or a girl?! I read almost all the articles about sexing panthers but im still uncertain so i thought i would post some pictures for you experts to look at. Non experts feel free to voice your opinion as well!

I tried to get pictures from the side, and i got one from the rear if you can make it out. I can try to get better pictures if need be, but he/she is very camera shy. Oh, and also we bought him from a pet store that told us it was male. Thanks!

SAM_0580.jpg

SAM_0578.jpg
SAM_0575.jpg

That would be a bummer for sure, but we will still love her! i guess thats what we get for going to a pet store.
Are the pictures good enough to tell 100% or would better ones help? still hoping its a boy!

A close up pic of the vent area would give us a better angle and we'd be able to say for sure. But from what Im seeing there, I dont see anything that says male.

You know the females have great attitudes most of the time. They are generally speaking easier to deal with as far as handling and stuff. And they get some awesome colors as they mature and go thru their recptive time.

exactly where is the vent area? so i can be prepared to get the camera out if an opportunity for a picture presents itself.
And dont get me wrong, you dont need to sell me on females. because if our cham was a male we had plans of getting him a female, just might have to do it the other way around :D

Vent area is behind his/her back legs, underneath the base of the tail. You'll see a hole, thats the vent ;)

009-3.jpg

This is a male by the way, but it's easier to tell with tail straight out rather than curled up. But I do love their curly tails!!! XX

I'd guess at female on pics provided.

If you can get him/her the right way up, then take pic side on with the tail straight out. That'd give a better angle to work on :)

So we took our cham out of the cage and put it on a plant of ours to see if we could get some better pictures of the vent? everyone still this its a little girl?

Thanks again

SAM_0593.jpg

SAM_0589.jpg

SAM_0591.jpg

well.. the fact that its female is upsetting seeing how they said it was a male.

see if you can get a full refund or ask if you could get some form of instore credit. idk?
it's not right for them to sell you something incorrectly like that. although i have no problems with my female.

Back
Top Bottom