Set up Mistking v5?

Tige21v

Avid Member
Pull the tube. Make a new clean and square cut. Push the tubing in so it fully seats against the bulkhead.
You could get away with dropping it in a jug . But yeah, algae will start to grow. And you'll have to top off the jug constantly.
You could also reverse the bulkhead....
I have never had one of those fittings be bad, and I have used a LOT over the years. Even the cheap Chinese have never leaked. It has always been an issue with the tubing .

cruz.m

Avid Member
Pull the tube. Make a new clean and square cut. Push the tubing in so it fully seats against the bulkhead.
You could get away with dropping it in a jug . But yeah, algae will start to grow. And you'll have to top off the jug constantly.
You could also reverse the bulkhead....
I have never had one of those fittings be bad, and I have used a LOT over the years. Even the cheap Chinese have never leaked. It has always been an issue with the tubing .
Ok I’ll try that thank you, I have a massive headache so I think I’m gonna take a break after this and do some more research

Tige21v

Avid Member
Ok I’ll try that thank you, I have a massive headache so I think I’m gonna take a break after this and do some more research
Ya, it does get frustrating at times .
I am redoing my system today, running probably close to 200ft of tubing and putting a second system on the enclosures, and a third on my Quad.
But it is worth it !!

cruz.m

Avid Member
Ya, it does get frustrating at times .
I am redoing my system today, running probably close to 200ft of tubing and putting a second system on the enclosures, and a third on my Quad.
But it is worth it !!
Yeah it does, another question how do I push it all the way in? I pulled it out and it only went in a little bit I keep pushing it and pushing the thing down then pushing but it won’t go farther

Tige21v

Avid Member
Interesting.
Did you try to remove it before you figured out how to push in the collar to release it?

DeltaYaz

One thing you could try is pulling the bulkhead out of the bucket and try inserting the tubing. Sometimes it is easier than having to push against the [somewhat] flexible bucket. I've not seen a fitting like this leak where the tubing is all the way in, usually find that I didn't quite get it.

Tige21v

Avid Member
Yes only once though, I recut it after it was out too.
I suppose , in theory, you could have messed up the fitting.
But it would take one helluva tugging to do that. They are made to withstand very high pressure
Like 100 psi or something.
Maybe push on the fitting inside the reservoir while pushing the tube in.
Once in a while I have the same problem you're having, but if I recut the tube it solves the problem.

cruz.m

Avid Member
I suppose , in theory, you could have messed up the fitting.
But it would take one helluva tugging to do that. They are made to withstand very high pressure
Like 100 psi or something.
Maybe push on the fitting inside the reservoir while pushing the tube in.
Once in a while I have the same problem you're having, but if I recut the tube it solves the problem.
I don’t think it was me, I’m not exactly strong but who knows, if it doesn’t work out I’ll buy a new one.

Garden_of_Eden

Yeah, they only have the v4 version. I thought that maybe I misplaced it or it was somewhere in one of the packets but I checked EVERYWHERE and I came up with nothing. So this is my last hope.
For the record, I received mine about a month ago and am just putting it together. I can verify it comes with ZERO instructions. Such an unfortunate thing as the pieces are delicate, and I have no idea which piece goes where.

cruz.m

Avid Member
For the record, I received mine about a month ago and am just putting it together. I can verify it comes with ZERO instructions. Such an unfortunate thing as the pieces are delicate, and I have no idea which piece goes where.
I’m waiting for a peice to be sent, I contacted them about the instructions and stuff and they helped me. The bulk head leaked so I turned it the other way they said it’d be ok. They also offered to send me the broken piece which was great! If you need help you can PM me, my setup is complete I just need that piece. The only thing different is the filter and timer so you can just watch YouTube videos for the rest.

Garden_of_Eden

I’m waiting for a peice to be sent, I contacted them about the instructions and stuff and they helped me. The bulk head leaked so I turned it the other way they said it’d be ok. They also offered to send me the broken piece which was great! If you need help you can PM me, my setup is complete I just need that piece. The only thing different is the filter and timer so you can just watch YouTube videos for the rest.
That's extremely helpful, and thank you to everyone on this thread for the tips and tricks regarding the bulkhead. I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
That seems odd that it wouldn't come with instructions. Makes me wonder if it might have been a return or something (not tnhat there's anything inherently wrong with that). Regardless, every instruction sheet they have is always available & printable on their site.

Last edited:

Tige21v

Avid Member
....I have never had one of those fittings be bad, and I have used a LOT over the years. Even the cheap Chinese have never leaked. It has always been an issue with the tubing .
I guess I jinxed myself lol
Had a bad MK fitting yesterday.
Guess it had to happen sooner or later .

Garden_of_Eden

Where does the filter go? I can't quite figure that out.

DeltaYaz

It goes inside the bucket of water, on the backside of the bulkhead fitting.

51044658721_a41c346129_b.jpg

Top Bottom